1JZ TPS Question on Aftermarket Throttle Body

ChrisPackit

Jan 10, 2014
UK
Chaps

Hoping you can help - it's been a while since my last post!

I'm running an aftermarket plenum and throttle body on a 1JZGTE, with the stock ECU at present, although I have a Power FC waiting to go on once the problems are
sorted. I was reading up a while ago about using the Traction Control TPS (# 89452-22090) rather than the stock TPS (#89452-22080) as the direction of this throttle body means the direction of the stock TPS rotates the wrong way. So on went the the TRC TPS which does rotate the correct way, but upon investigation, the resistance and voltage range is reversed. I am expecting to see aroung 1.6V on idle up to 4.9V on full throttle, but I'm seeing 4.9v on idle and 1.6v on full throttle. I'm getting a code 41 (TPS) and when I have checked this is the reason.

So I guess my question is does anyone know what the correct 4 pin Toyota TPS part number that would work with this TB? So to summarise, the TB is anti-clockwise
motion and sensor required would be clockwise motion on a 0 to 5V scale.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I believe either the 2j na or gte uses a reverse tps as well. There are quite a few guys running those on 7m electronics which would cause the same issue you have. Try searching that, iirc there is a way wire it differently to correct the signal? I was contemplating building an ffim off a 2j manifold and tb but im not there yet so I didnt read too much into it.