1JZ tach off by alot?

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
Well took off the cluster today and brought out the old OHM meter for some testing. I measured resistance from R1-R9 and got 10.99kohms wow thats low, all other resistors ohmed out to tolerable spec. I bought some new 100k resistors from radio shack with a 5% tolerance which ohmed out at 99.71kohms. I'm not jumping to conclusions but i believe R1 is dead/dying now its time to solder and hope for the best let you know on my progress.

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
put in the new resistor, started her up and no dice... I'm not giving up though there has to be something going on, but what I don't know. I have to figure this out because im not spending 100+ on a cluster i'm really not going to use. If anyone has a schematic and/or values it would be much appreciated.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I bet your hitting fuel cut, and the RPM readings are correct.
The 7m 1jz and 2jz all use the same 6cyl rpm signal.

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
Yes this is true that they all use the same RPM readings but I have an emanage blue so its not fuel cut. I found the problem after going crazy over this and all it took was a screw. I put my cluster back together and it acted kind of funny, took it back out and it was stuck to the tach. Got to thinking maybe the magnet is worn out like how car speakers eventually go from leaving them on the floor. Anyways I changed the magnet over from my N/A tach and what do I see 7500 RPM!!! told you Id get it.