1JZ Stock Boost

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
I understand 9 psi is about stock for the 1JZ. I am building a DD 1JZ what is safe to boost as a Daily driver on the stock twins for the 1JZ. without having to tune. (i understand the stock 1jz twins arent very deriable)

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Deeznuts;1133173 said:
I understand 9 psi is about stock for the 1JZ. I am building a DD 1JZ what is safe to boost as a Daily driver on the stock twins for the 1JZ. without having to tune. (i understand the stock 1jz twins arent very deriable)

the Stock twins are actually quite fine. DD just with an exhaust and an intake expect to see about 14 psi. If you want to stockers to last make sure you have the y-pipe replacement that will help, give the turbo proper cool down at the end of your drive (use a turbo timer possibly) and if you want to be extra careful install a oil cooler with a thermostat.

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
the reason I ask is i talked to the guy from driftmotion and I have reads that the 1JZ are somewhat sensitive. at 12 psi would I have to do any tuneing ? or can i just put a boost controller on it and call it a day?

Blind Drifter

Apr 7, 2008
South Florida
On my 1J with 3" downpipe back, intake and front mount, I was making 14 psi with no boost controler. You wont need a tune. I made 315hp with those mods at 14 psi....

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
I understand the HKS T3G is if not a direct fit very close to it. Does anyone know of any twins turbos that are close to a direct fit for the 1JZ

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Deeznuts;1148701 said:
I understand the HKS T3G is if not a direct fit very close to it. Does anyone know of any twins turbos that are close to a direct fit for the 1JZ

Check out my sig, plug and play all the way. Cheaper than those turbos, everything you need, look better, perform better, the whole 9 yds.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Ct12bs are crap for our cars they spool an extra 500+ rpms above the 2JZ which haves .5ltrs more push on them. You dont need steel blades to boost more or get more power out.

You have to make sure your EGT stays low the heat kills the ceramic blades. 14psi is a good safe boost but make sure your EGTs/tune is good! Thats the secret you dont need a NEO unless you hook it up and have a terrible AFR & high EGT. You may run a little lean/max duty cycle at peek power levels at 14psi just keep an eye on it.