1jz/Stinger wont start on warm start up?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So I got a 1jz swapped mk3. It has a Stinger Stand alone system on it. The car will fire right up when its cold. But if I drive it for a little while and it reaches operating temp then shut it off and park it for a min or two then try to start it again it wont fire right up. It sits there and just cranks over and over and wont fire. After cranking it for quite a while it will finally start up but it then sputters/misses like crazy and smokes some from gas. Then after driving it for a bit the miss goes away and so does the rich smoke. Any ideas? would this be something to fix on the stinger system? Or a ignition issue?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The cold start map looks like it needs to be tuned. Yes, I know you said warm start but that is all taken care of in the "Cold Start/Warm Up Enrichment" map.

Call Aaron, he has a basemap for the Stinger.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I don't have a laptop or anything like that right now so that will have to wait. This car runs EXTREMLY rich at idle and even just cruising around. Idle is like 8.6-10.5 AFR depending how warm the car is. cruising the car runs around 12-13 AFR. Under full boost the fuel is good, any other time the tune is way off.