1JZ Single Turbo Project

orlredmkiii

Apr 24, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
Torque;1371031 said:
That's gonna be so sweet. Your car looks almost exactly like mine. I wish I painted my engine bay when I did my swap.

yes it dose look alike well painting the engine bay is alot of work if u do it right alot of part every were lol

p1371251_1.jpg

mk3kidd

Mar 24, 2009
Los Angeles
I got a couple of quick questions for you.

Did you do the Swap yourself or had a shop do it?

did you have a 7m before the 1jz?

and like the 2nd question if you had a 7m before and now the 1jz is it better to keep maintain than the 7m for example..Having to worry about a BHG or a rodknock etc. you could answer the 3rd if you did have a 7m..

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
mk3kidd;1371268 said:

and like the 2nd question if you had a 7m before and now the 1jz is it better to keep maintain than the 7m for example..Having to worry about a BHG or a rodknock etc. you could answer the 3rd if you did have a 7m..

1JZ motors came with metal hg and was properly tq so chances of bhg compare to 7m is very slim. It can still get bhg if you abuse it.

orlredmkiii

Apr 24, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
mk3kidd;1371268 said:

1 I swap it on a shop about 6 years ago shop is not open any more it was in Ft. Lauderdale
2. i did had two 7m before if swap to 1jz
3. love 1jz! it is better, bet we i did the swap there was not much u could do and not alot of people know much what it could do
4. try not to run it to hard so i dont worry about bhg or rodknok

mk3kidd

Mar 24, 2009
Los Angeles
orlredmkiii;1373067 said:
1 I swap it on a shop about 6 years ago shop is not open any more it was in Ft. Lauderdale
2. i did had two 7m before if swap to 1jz
3. love 1jz! it is better, bet we i did the swap there was not much u could do and not alot of people know much what it could do
4. try not to run it to hard so i dont worry about bhg or rodknok

Nicee, So you would preffer the 1jz over the 7m?