1jz single breaking up under boost :(

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
2JZ_MA70;1595223 said:
Get your self 300m coils... from a 3.5L or Intrepid coils. DSM's use them... they work great(and only $30each). I have them on my car... No problems at 35psi.. (with AEM TwinFire)

Didnt see the 440cc thing at first... Is that on the factory ecu or you have something to trim the fuel back....

yea im tuning with a neo, did a lil street tune. waiting to get my ecu back from aaron so i can try out the new plugs

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
it has to be your coils man.. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what it is on my car too.

try the epoxy and shrink-wrap method on them to see if that eliminates the problem (it does for most, I haven't got around to it yet personally).. otherwise, you'll have to look into getting used ones in good condition or new ones.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
My buddy had the same thing. It was crap inside his fuel tank. Like nasty falke crap. He replaced his tank with a better clean one, and it all went away.

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
i wrapped my coils with electric tape..is that the same as the shrink wrap method? lolz dirty fuel tank? doubt it could be that cause i fixed this problem before when i had stock twins..it was the spark plugs.. and now i used the same model plugs and same gap that i had on my stock twin setup and it still breaks up :/ FML i hate this problem..i mean the car still moves pretty dam good for 9lbs on a t70, but still if it wasnt breaking up it would be soo much sweeter..gotta try the coils i guess :/

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
electrical tape isn't the same thing.. shrink wrap is a lot more effective for something like this.

but it's a two stage process apparently. from my understanding, one coats the coil-packs with epoxy to seal them and after drying shrink wrap is applied to each.

perhaps someone that has done it can chime in to correct any ignorance on my part.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I had this problem when I switched to single turbo. I changed the spark plugs to a colder stage plug gapped it to .28 and problem solved but since you did that already it might be your coilpacks. Good luck.