First off this is what I have done to my car
-1jz single 6265
-new coils(no cracks)
-new plugs bkr7e gapped at .027
-13lbs of boost
-stock injectors
-walbro255
-safc2 tuned.

Now for the problem, if I Try to run any more than 13 lbs of boost it will cut like its blowing spark out. Around 6200rpm. My af is 11.2-11.8. 11.8 around 6500rpm. My question is what could be causing this? I have me spark plugs and coils. My igniter isn't bolted down so its not technically grounded, but I've herd mixed ideas about that. Do you think I have ran out of injector? I have only added +6% fuel at most with the safc2. Any thought would help.

Thanks corey

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Corey, 13psi on a turbo that size is likely a good deal more air than 13psi of the stock turbos. If you're still running the 370cc's, I would think that you might be running out of fuel, or at least pushing the safe limit. Are you still on the stock MAP sensor and ECU?

it sounds like your running out of fuel either way, i would say one of two things.
1) need bigger injectors
2) there is a kink in the fuel line, check the fuel pump hanger. my friend albert (who is also on here) had this issue and it took use a good few weeks to find. we spend countless hours trying to tune it out and was still have problems almost maxing out 440's but come to find out he was losing fuel pressure in boost. we replaced the hanger and all the problems went away.

hope that helps

do you have a FDC? (fuel cut defense) because if you dont i will say thats 100% your problem...

also take a video of this problem and i will confirm that thats it

on my 1j (only bpu's...y-pipe, ICpiping, and IC) i hit fuel cut like no other on a cold night (13-14psi) and it feels just like spark blow out

cpederson

Mar 12, 2007
wi
I was told you can't run a fcd with a safc2? It just cuts for a slit second then power comes back on. Text me I'll send u a vid 414-916-1185