1JZ SC300 acting up all of a sudden, odd issues when giving it gas.

ravaz

Jun 17, 2011
Cary, NC
Hey Guys,

I have a 95 SC300 with 1JZ out of a Soarer, R154, Single turbo (fuel injectors blah blah) MapECU 2. I have not really messed with the car much lately, just been daily driving it and enjoying it on pump gas (15PSI on the BW turbo). This morning I said hey lets go for a cruise it's a nice morning, I'll go do some shopping in the SC and hit up Autozone for some things. While on the back road, I did a 2-4 gear pull, felt fine no issues, then when I cruised to the stop sign, it started to act up and started idle weird and was bogging a bit when going to first, ultimately stalling.

When I started it up, it was idling rough and shut off again. I said huh, seems like a vac leak or boost leak. I searched and searched, no signs of any hoses popping off etc.. What I did notice is when I did get it to idle, vac was at -19 instead of the normal -24, -25. I had it towed home because I just couldn't drive it anywhere and I double checked all of my vac lines, couplers etc... Everything is on tight from what I can see. Here is something odd to me, when I start the car up, it seems to idle smooth, but when I give it gas (in neutral or in gear), it will stall. If I give it gas and I do it slowly, it's fine, it only dies when I hit the throttle fast. I can't really drive it much because it will stall, so I'm puzzled.

It really seems like a damn vac leak but honestly my friends, dad and myself all checked it and can't find shit. 2 hoses are not hooked up, the one behind the intake manifold (below the IAC) and the one on the pass side valve cover which normally goes to my catch can, which is out of the car at the moment. The only maintenance I have done lately was swap out my plugs and I thought maybe I put the coil packs back in the wrong order, but that was on Tuesday and I honestly have been driving it a lot lately, pretty much daily putting miles on it because it's been so nice out, so I don't think that is it as it wouldn't just start happening now. I always work on my own stuff and I'm at the point where I am going to have to tow it to my friends shop because I'm getting frustrated...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill

ravaz

Jun 17, 2011
Cary, NC
TTT. Can anyone confirm if this sounds like it may be caused by a wiring issue? I'm at a loss and ready to set fire to this unit.

--Bill