1JZ/S13 No start... No Fuel!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
what pins are you talking about my friend???
the ECU on the X plug right... there's three wires controlling two pulses per... Right???

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
well i checked those with the noid light and they didnt work... is it still worth checking with a meter???? I think the problem might be before the plugs.... Like in the
ecu or something????

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
OK- so i tried a couple more tests and i find the fuel pump will prime once switched so the injectors will get a quick prime pulse, the engine will turn on and quickly die once the prime gas is gone...
So i have my fuel jumped to a switch, the engine use to run on this very same set up but now wont... hhhrrrmmmm!!!
I need to know what is causing my injectors to not keep pulsing.
Does injector pulse reflect off another sensor like the CPS/CAS or some kind of timing sensor!
At this point the ECU has no codes!!!!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
More madness...
Ok so when TE1 and E1 are joined the injectors will all get a prime pulse except for (injectors 2 and 6) #30 pin 25 on the X plug!!!
Funny story; I used a regular 12V light to test voltage on the second pigtail... Could my noobism have fried my ECU?!?!?!?!?!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
So i replaced the damn ECU... same problem! No pulse to the inj.
Question;
what tells the ecu when to pulse the inj. What sensor lets the ecu know when to switch the 12v to G? ??
This engine was just running strong before i pulled the engine... This has to be something dumb and overlooked... I did notice i had oil in my Rear CPS... that wouldnt stop it from starting tho... Would it?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Take out the cam sensor and clean both of them. Use electrical cleaner. Get the oil out of the plug area, if there is any.

Go buy a power probe, put away your test light. When the key is on, you should have 12V to one pin on each plug as well. Your computer could be sending a pulse, a ground signal, and you have no 12V source, which would cause this problem.