1jz running problem

kikwear002

Oct 16, 2006
Ft myers florida
Im having a problem where around 3500-3800 rpm the car just starts breaking up and there is no power like a rev limit. I was thinking maybe limp mode?

It does this driving or just revving it.

My tach sometimes jumps around alot too like maybe the ignitor is failing..?

1jz, mkiv 550's resistors wired in, safc2 ( took off b/c thought maybe that was the problem), gm 3 bar

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
does it completely cut ignition??? like does it hit 3500-3800 then break up and fall to 2K or something then rev back up???

or does it just bounce there and wont let it rev any higher like a two step/rev limiter?

kikwear002

Oct 16, 2006
Ft myers florida
The Reaper said:
does it completely cut ignition??? like does it hit 3500-3800 then break up and fall to 2K or something then rev back up???

or does it just bounce there and wont let it rev any higher like a two step/rev limiter?
it just bounces but its complety cut, no power, wont rev past it

This is a 1jzgte supra engine and Ecu

Im going to rip the Ecu apart tonight and check for blown capaciators etc, check the coil wires again, unplug my cluster i hear that could be a problem, and check for the cam sensors not being full of oil in the connector.

Hey Josh maybe this weekend I can trailer it to your house and try your ecu :) lol

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
well it would actually be Justin's ECU

my auto ECU has fried Caps and im using his M/T ecu right now.....

i gotta get mine repaired by Jestr Tuning in Orlando

here's what mine was doing with a fried ECU

Van Diesel

Powered by vino
Dec 12, 2006
El Paso, Texas
STOCK ECU???? Guarantee you that if I threw on a WB02 sensor on your car, you would be 9.XXX or even 8.XXX a/f.

That and you wired in a GM 3bar map on a STOCK ecu?The signal the GM sensor is giving the ECU is going to be fubar.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i doubt your WB02 would even read that low LOL most go to 10.0 and then display nothing lol

i didn't even see the 3 bar map

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
with 0 correction on the 3 bar it will run EXTREMELY lean!

fwiw 3 bar at 14 psi absolute 0 relative is like 1.7v were as the stock map sensor is like 2.4v

It would be best to get a 2bar to closer match the stock sensor, or just get a stock map sensor..

kikwear002

Oct 16, 2006
Ft myers florida
Well i have the pressure are 43 and for some reason i just went and drove it and it ran the best ever for 5 minutes.

( Sorry it has c16 race fuel in it so I dont think it will have any detonation problems.)

It ran really good for a few mins then back to the same flashing the check engine light as i accelerated, tach jumping all over..

I'll rebuild the ecu i guess

Edit: If you know where a stock sensor is for reasonable price let me know I guess.

Van Diesel