1jz rich problem

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
Getting this weird problem for the past 2 weeks. I start my car up and it will idle at an af ratio of around 14 which is what it normally idles at. I have 440cc injectors and a neo. However, sometimes about a minute into the startup the ratio will plummet to 11.3 at idle and run rich when driving. Now this is the strange part, if I turn my car off and turn it back on once or twice the car will run and idle at normal af ratios. Wtf is going on! I have this feeling that my stock ecu is going bad again.

Also sometimes while driving or idling at a stoplight the car would be running fine then all of a sudden plummet to an af ratio of 11.3. So this problem isn't just on startup. The only way for me to get rid of it is to keep restarting the car until it idles normal.

Any suggestions on what this could be? I hope it's not my ecu. Im thinking maybe ecu temp sensor?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That's your car's way of telling you to stop driving like a sissy. It's prepping itself for boost. ;)

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Start with something simple.. disconnect the battery and clear the computer.. than after that go. For a 30 min drive for it to relearn

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^thats not going to solve anything. Problems don't happen because car needs to be rebooted.

Something simple would be to fix the check engine light and see if there is codes. Stock cel wire from body harness to pin w on Ecu.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
hvyman;1843837 said:
^thats not going to solve anything. Problems don't happen because car needs to be rebooted.

Something simple would be to fix the check engine light and see if there is codes. Stock cel wire from body harness to pin w on Ecu.

agreed, it your computer would have to be on it's way out and infected with aids in order to start doing crazy shit like that.

i would check your air intake temp sensor, Coolant temp sensor, and O2 sensor. also check all the wiring for shorts (in the sensors). reason i say check for shorts is because you said the only way to make it go away is to keep restarting it (shaking the motor back and forth so the short goes away). if it were me i would start with the intake temp and coolant temp... just my $.02...

also make sure your check engine light is working 100%