1JZ question?

gmoney

supra is as stupid does!
Apr 22, 2005
CT
home1.myspace.com
If i bought a front clip how hard would the 1JZ swap be then? i can get a full clip with 80,000 miles on it for about 3200 does that sound good bad etc. and what else would i need if i did the swap? with the clip

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
eh....80k and $3200. Just for reference mine had 50k and was $2400

Its going to depend on what year car you have for everything that will be needed.

1. custome power steering line or 2j one -- all i can remember right now

Last edited:

gmoney

supra is as stupid does!
Apr 22, 2005
CT
home1.myspace.com
that 3200 was shipped by the way and my car is an 88 isnt there some bullshit i have to do with some cross member? well who wants to get some money to come to CT and install it with me?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
use either transmission you want. if your car is turbo, then its the same thing. 95% of what you need for your swap is in a clip.

if you want a 5spd 1j might as well buy a 5spd clip. will have the bellhousing you need already. plus your car is already turbo 5spd so you can use your old driveshaft and your pedals are already there. its a direct swap

i personally sold my whole 7M package as one including the transmission, driveshaft, harness, etc... because i didnt need any of it because i bought a clip, not just an engine set

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
I didnt go through Jarco, i went through a independant source. a buddy of mine got me a 93' Limited R 5spd clip w/ 26-28Kmiles on it. was $3200 shipped. downside was it was totally stock, which is a good thing. it usually means that the car wasnt run that hard over in japan.

You also need a PS line, you can do it by cutting a hole in the firewall and just extending the dash harness plugs, and stretch the ecu harness to fit, just flip the ecu around. I have ~$4000-4200 total in mine, but i added an HKS evc, RSP 3" DP, header wrap, titan cam gear, and NGK 6097 plugs gapped to .0028.

I had my wiring done for me as it was more of a headache, and i had the best man in the business do it.

I would say go with Jarco, and never look back.