1jz power steering

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
I have already installed the driftmotion line from the pump to steering rack. I'm going to get the pump feed pipe. Is a 2jzgte or jza70 reservoir really necessary or can I make my na 7m reservoir work? Any other tips on retaining my power steering on the 1j would be appreciated

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
When I had my swap done the shop used a 2J resevoir I think. But it would be easier to do that cause making the 7M reservoir might be a bit difficult as the reservoir sits on the other side of the engine (on the 7M) and bolts up the block. I can upload a picture later on when I get home if you'd like.

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
The na 7mge power steering reservoir is bracketed next to the passenger side shock tower, not the block like the gte. It can be removed. Just wondering if anyone else relocated/crammed it on the driver side to work with the 1jz power steering pump?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can use that. You will have to make it bol in somewhere and its best to have it higher than the pump.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I'm using my old 7M res and it was mounted behind the fuse box but my car was an NA originally.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
NappingMk3;1928652 said:
The na 7mge power steering reservoir is bracketed next to the passenger side shock tower, not the block like the gte. It can be removed. Just wondering if anyone else relocated/crammed it on the driver side to work with the 1jz power steering pump?
The NA is on the Drivers side, works perfect except no bling cause its Plastic.