1JZ OR 2JZ? WHY?

HamsMKIII

Yes, it's fast...
Dec 16, 2005
Saginaw, Tx
I wish I had went 2JZ looking back. Sure, I'm 1.5JZ now, but I've spent too much to get there. If I were going to start from scratch, knowing what I do now, I'd just get a 2JZ.

- Chris

HamsMKIII

Yes, it's fast...
Dec 16, 2005
Saginaw, Tx
935motorsports said:
1j if you have some money
2j if you have more money

For sure... All I have left of my 1JZ is the head and intake manifold. Looking back, spending $3200 on a clip was pretty silly on my part. I wish I had bought an Aristo cut and went from there. You live and you learn though.

- Chris

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
NATAN666 said:
right.... what makes the 1jz better than the 2jz? thats right, nothing. except maybe cost. i would much rather keep the extra .5 litres

I would answer this question.....if I thought you could comprehend the answer. :biglaugh:
It was a rhetorical question anyways.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
NATAN666 said:
right.... what makes the 1jz better than the 2jz? thats right, nothing. except maybe cost. i would much rather keep the extra .5 litres

Model Year:
1988 (MKIII)
Engine:
7MGTE (Turbo)
Transmission:

you don't have either, so your opinion means very little to me. I was never looking to make a super high hp car so what does a 2J do for me that my 1J cant? oh yeah... that's right. nothing... If I wanted to make 500-600hp, I could do it just fine with a 1J.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
I swapped a 7M back into my MKIII after haveing a 1JZ. The previous owner
couldn't get it to run right, and the wiring harness was a complete nightmare
I stuffed a 7M-GTE back in it.

That being said, My ideal MKIII would be a 1988 chassis, 90 tail lights, no wing
and a 2JZ/R154 combo.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
these threads are starting to get really fucking gay

99.9% of the people with 1J's will tell you the 1J is better and the 7M guys are wishy washy

me myself i am going 2J as long as i can keep my Grey on Grey shell if it sells im not getting another fun car until i start and finish school and get a damn good job so i can do everything the RIGHT way and have it look GOOD!!

but as for these threads do whatever the F**K IT IS THAT YOU WANT!! who cares what other people think?

people with 2J's in mkiii's have it the hardest die hard mkiii owners hatem cause its not a true mkiii anymore and mkiv owners usually hate the mkiii either way LOL

so stop these damn threads and do what you feel like doing!!!

put a rotary in it for all i care just do what you want its YOUR CAR!