1JZ no heat

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
Hey people never really used the heat till about now since thermals and giant bubble jackets dont cut it no more. I have a 1JZ no A/C it was completely removed thats about it. I get nothing but cold air and the manuals are just confusing me and its cold outside. If I drive for a while hit the heat i'll get a quick burst of heat then just cold air, is there a valve I can just plug up? Any info or anything would help because they think theres something valuable under the comforter and I don't feel like cleaning up glass

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya or bypass the vsv and put straight vacuum to the valve. If its frozen go with above.

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
the heater valve is straight on the firewall or behind the dash? VSV is by the water pump somewhere? still new to the 1J and its cold outside : ) I hate the cold. what threading should I get the elbow theres a hardware just down the block that might have

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The heater valve is on the firewall in the engine compartment and the vsv for it is right under it. you can take the vacuum supply off the vsv and apply directly to the valve it self and when running the little arm on the side should go up and you will get heat. if it doesn't then its seized.

If you get a 90* just look at the hose. maybe like 1/2 or a little bigger.