1jz/ma70 Gauge Cluster Issue

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Buddy's car has a big issue. After being rewired by a crappy shop...who made an engine harness for a haltech ems the gauge cluster stopped working. No tach, no Temp, no speed....etc.

I thought the issue was at the m1 connector which is partially true because there is nothing connected to it. However when i connect the tach signal from the jz ignitor to the m1 connector (blk wire) i dont get any response. Also when i connect the water temp light* wire from the temp sensor i get nothing (warmed up car).

I believe theres power to the cluster because battery light goes on and i get power coming out of the yellow wire coming from the m1 connector.

The m1 ground is connected straight to ground. Am i missing a ground somewhere or a power somewhere? I've looked at diagrams over and over but with no luck....

Please help!

Thanks

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I don't know anything about Haltech EMS. My guess is the same as yours. The harness they made is wrong/doesn't work, if it worked before they did it. So if you hook up the tach signal to the tach, and the tach doesn't work, then my guess is the harness isn't what it is supposed to be.