1JZ location

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
I have recently tried to get a 1JZ front clip but when my shop checked on it they said that the EPA changed the law on importing the front clips to where only the engine, ecu, and tranny can be shipped. Does anybody know where I could get a good 1JZ front clip?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Ric said:
You live in the south east.

J Hot Imports my friend. Don't buy one from anyone else. There's way too many people to vouch for their high quality motors.
I dont think they do clips though.. You might be able to special order one..

but yea.. jhot ftw

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Yeah hit up jarco. I got my clip there and got it installed at a shop in your town. Venture racing in tuscaloosa. Did a very clean job on it and quick too.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
TVR is actually the ONLY place I take my car, mastercheif. I've been a customer for like 3 years. Jamie said that the front-clip development happened within the past 2 weeks.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
What I was told is that the EPA will not let a front-clip be imported. The front-clips have to be dissasembled in Japan which labor is charged making the setup more expensive. Not to mention that you only get the engine, ecu, and tranny. It made the swap way too expensive due to having to buy another radiator (mine blew), driveshaft (my center piece is going bad), and other misc things.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Dude, so you're telling me you didn't swap you're car because you didn't want to do some preventive maintance on parts that are probably bad anyways? You're talking about in that post about $250 worth of new parts. Why would you install another 17yo radiator when your 17yo radiator blew? Get a new one, they are like $150 bucks.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Yeah, me too. The owner in Japan loves my car and what I turned their little junkyard motor into. I have a locked price on 1JZ-GTE's I get from them. I wouldn't even say it's a discount, but they don't inflate the price due to supply and demand.

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
masterchief819 said:
Yeah hit up jarco. I got my clip there and got it installed at a shop in your town. Venture racing in tuscaloosa. Did a very clean job on it and quick too.
How much did they charge for that???

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
The1 said:
How much did they charge for that???
I think it was $1200 for the labor. Only took like 2-3 weeks. They make everything as clean as possible for all their customers. Here's what looked like at the shop when I picked it up:

picture0761024hn3.jpg

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
yah, most of these motors now have oxidized valve covers, but it is easy to just remove them and polish or re-paint them. Makes the engine look 10x's better. That is a clean swap though.

masterchief819 said:
I think it was $1200 for the labor. Only took like 2-3 weeks. They make everything as clean as possible for all their customers. Here's what looked like at the shop when I picked it up:

picture0761024hn3.jpg

Very Very Nice! :)
You got a pretty damn good deal. I have been working on my 1jz for 4 months and not done. It would have been well worth 1200 dollars! :)