1jz jumper harness for multiple years???

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
1jz jumper harness for multiple years????
so the title might be confusing... but i'll be a little more transparent. i currently have an 87 mk3 (yellow plugs) with the 1j swap in it. today i acquired a 90 mk3 (gray plugs) had a crazy idea of swapping over my 1j into the 89+ shell. since it is a shell i'm not sure of the condition of the electrical cause it had a stereo system and it was ripped out.

so this brings me back to the title... does anyone or has anyone made a jumper harness to use a 1jz harness converted for a pre 89 mk3 to work in a 89+.

this may sounds dumb but i would hate to have the 1j harness converted to 89+ and have electrical issues. call it what you will but for whatever reason if the swap doesn't work in the 89+ i can quickly swap everything back over to the pre89 mk3 with out having to reconvert it.

i really don't want to buy a whole new harness and convert it for the 89+ but in the end if i have to i will. but if you have any ideas to help me or comments let me know.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Basically you want a pre to post jumper harness.

It can be done. If you get me all the plugs i could make one for you for a small fee. I wired a buddys 87 car with a 90 gray plug harness.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya nobody makes any. Have to buy the plugs from a junkyard here or new and then wire them up to the right wires.

Not impossible tho.