1JZ in Richmond, VA

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just thought I'd throw a line out to see if there's anyone in the central VA area that might know a thing or two about 1JZ's (soarer or supra). I'm almost done with my swap (wiring harness extention done, motor in car, most everything hooked up...getting ready to do the chassis wiring) and I was just seeing if anyone around would like to come down/over/up and provide some suggestions or just hang out and relive the pains and joys of 1JZ wiring! lol. I'm not looking for anyone to do this for me, just looking for an extra set of eyes and brain...lol...

if not, that's cool...I don't believe there are many running 1JZ's in the VA area...but I figured it would be worth a shot to see if I could find any that I didn't know about.

I'll supply the beer and pizza...lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good luck devil, you sound like a good guy. (never thought I'd mutter that sentence)........I hope you have better luck than I would here in Bama. I don't think we even have a 1jz supra in the state. If we do, I haven't heard of it..............lol

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
hey man im in southern va...pretty sure your the only 1jz in va haha...idk though? hit me up sometime, im wantin to swap my engine out soon either 1jz or 2jz...hit me up with some comments or theories, anything to give me a head start thanks man

mwebber

Apr 12, 2005
Boston MA
tea_mkIII said:
hey man im in southern va...pretty sure your the only 1jz in va haha...idk though? hit me up sometime, im wantin to swap my engine out soon either 1jz or 2jz...hit me up with some comments or theories, anything to give me a head start thanks man

I wouldn't say the only 1J, I've got a MKIII 1J and a MKII 1J at the shop now. There's a 2J MKII in Va Beach and I'll have a 2J in my MKII soon.

Mike

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
wow...you know your shit too haha....i was just joking when i said that, but thanks for the info...but yeah i thought about it and instead of going 2j...im just going to rebuild my 7m

L

lanky189

devil if you're still looking for some info there is a guy here in L'burg who used to own a Soarer when he lived in Richmond...does all kinds of engine swaps and fun stuff I can get his number..he still spends time out there and would likely be willing to help.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
usdm eg said:
try talking to hottscennessy, hes in chesterfield, white 87 with a 7m, kid knows his shit

yeah we know Scott :naughty: He's not up on the 1jz's though.

who are you and where are you huh huh huh? lol

Dev - We need to schedule another day for me to come down and lend a hand. Hopefully we can stumble through the rest of this and get it running.