1jz in a 240 S14

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
Hello All,

I'm considering doing this swap and do not know of any good sites where I can find some general information.

I've seen a handful of these swaps done and I would much rather buy motormounts instead of messing around with making some. Is there a universal mount you can buy yet?

How about the wiring? Are there any diagrams that you can use to get the instrument cluster to work in the 240?

What stand alone are most people using?

Any information is helpful. I'm not new to the 1j motor just new to swapping it into a Nissan.

Thanks for all the help in advanced.

-Kelly

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
psifactor;1055973 said:
Hello All,

I'm considering doing this swap and do not know of any good sites where I can find some general information.

I've seen a handful of these swaps done and I would much rather buy motormounts instead of messing around with making some. Is there a universal mount you can buy yet?

How about the wiring? Are there any diagrams that you can use to get the instrument cluster to work in the 240?

What stand alone are most people using?

Any information is helpful. I'm not new to the 1j motor just new to swapping it into a Nissan.

Thanks for all the help in advanced.

-Kelly

Wish I could help more as I'm local.. but my friends' swapping a 2J into his 14 and AFAIK the company that makes mounts that are the cheapest and good quality is ruckus_racing but they are on indefinite backorder at the moment. Theres another place that will serious drain your bank account but I cant remember that one.

The ruckus kit allows you to utilize many factory parts on your S-chassis bolted up with their parts. includes engine and tranny mounts. then obviously you need a drive shaft, etc etc.

you'll also need the Soarer GT extension rod and plate for fitment of the shifter in relation to the floor (assuming you're using an R154) and thats available through Toyota, more or less impossible to get used. not that expensive though..

Im pretty sure you'd still utilize a 1J standalone if thats what you're going for (Ie. AEM, stinger, etc), though not necessary obviously.

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the response Dylan. Where are you at in the Tampa Area?

If I'm looking at breaking my bank account to get motor mounts and a tranny mounts it sounds like I may be better just having my friend fabricate them for me. If they were under $200.00 then it wouldn't even be worth his time. I will look up the Ruckus Kit and see what I come up with.

How about rear end? Is the factor LSD able to hold up to a little bit of power? Or what are the other Nissan guys using making around 500rwhp?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
psifactor;1056192 said:
Thanks for the response Dylan. Where are you at in the Tampa Area?

If I'm looking at breaking my bank account to get motor mounts and a tranny mounts it sounds like I may be better just having my friend fabricate them for me. If they were under $200.00 then it wouldn't even be worth his time. I will look up the Ruckus Kit and see what I come up with.

How about rear end? Is the factor LSD able to hold up to a little bit of power? Or what are the other Nissan guys using making around 500rwhp?

I wanna say the ruckus mounts were around $225 + shipping. The other place wants $1700 for all mounts and driveshaft and you have to return the factory crossmember.

I recommended that my friend use a J30 (lsd) diff due to the gearing not being quite so harsh and he didnt wanna spend a ton. But I dont see the lsd lasting for 500whp through a beating over an extended period. It would be fine if you were road racing, but drag or drift I'm doubtful. Then again its dependent on condition, the gears themselves would be fine though IIRC. Either way a 240 or J30 diff will hold the power but whether you go 2-way, 1.5, or whatever is up to you on application. He's going to be putting a 2way in the J30 pumpkin I believe. Other friend with 450whp has the S14 nismo diff and is changing the ring gear so that he can begin to use his first 2 gears haha.

[I live in st.pete, infact the cars been getting swapped at central automotive by sean kriner and some others for a while.]

1jzr32

Mar 13, 2008
Malaysia
I have done it in my R32. At cluster wiring connection from 1jz harness to Nissan cluster wiring involve with 7 wires only. PM to if u need the details wiring info

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
i honestly think you could get by with a welded diff. Lots of people run them drifting. No problems i have heard of. with 500whp and an extended time period i have no idea.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
tturnpaw;1057035 said:
i honestly think you could get by with a welded diff. Lots of people run them drifting. No problems i have heard of. with 500whp and an extended time period i have no idea.

they eat tires and can be difficult to drive.