1jz hell

5l_eater

I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT !
Jan 17, 2007
Maryland
OK so I'm driving my supra to vacation a 3 hr trip and i hit little traffic and it cuts off with out any warning never over heated or anything. So i pop the hood and check around and nothing looks wrong so i pull a hose off to cause a vacuum leak and she starts up fine . I decided to say fuck it and drive it anyways and she then wont hit boost sputter like shit and starts to burn rich as shit i couldn't even drive it so i plug the vacuum back in and the idle drops dramatically and when you give i gas she revs up spools ans when it comes back down cuts off . i yank the map off and nothing happens any ideas ?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Unfortunately you always start diagnosing with the ECU on these cars. It tends to be the problem about half the time lol.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
check your IC pipes? mine pooped off once and did the same thing. but i would look in to the ecu if its not been re caped I'd have it done.

5l_eater

I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT !
Jan 17, 2007
Maryland
its not throwing codes .. all of my ic pipes r good my dp is loose and so it my test pipe but i dont think that would b the issue ..i guessim gonna try the ecu and go from there

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
GotTurbos?;1348390 said:
Unfortunately you always start diagnosing with the ECU on these cars. It tends to be the problem about half the time lol.

Went through 2, and said fuck it. I now have an aristo ecu on the stock 1jz harness.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
5l_eater;1351148 said:
i can run a aristo ecu ? on 1jz plugs ?

No, but you can buy/build an adapter harness, and you'll have to run 3 additional wires for the sequential injection system of the aristo, and you'll have a reduced rev limit.

I would recommend repairing the ECU first. I fixed mine 2 years ago and it's been fine since then.