1jz harmonic balancer

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
my harmonic pulley just took a crap on me separating it into two pieces. i've been researching if the 2j harmonic pulley would work, but no one knows.

Last edited:

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
slidingsidewayz;1306096 said:
I just picked up an aluminum pulley from driftmotion today and maybe I'll install it tomorrow.

DO NOT USE THAT PULLEY! Buy another stock one. They are supposed to be dampened. Use a stock one/ATI/Fluidamper/Titan

There are plenty of choices. But toss that aluminum one in the trash and get something that actually does its job. And you don't have to believe me, just search for the subject and you'll see what I'm talking about.

edit: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91153&highlight=aluminum+crank+pulley

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
is there another alternative into removing the damm crank pulley bolt? i've tried the impact gun with the compressor psi up to 140 and heated the the bolt. i've also tried doing the starter trick with a breaker bar and nothing as well. any other suggestions?

fred

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Zombie thread but I was looking for an answer to this harmonic balancer question but 1jz OEM pulley to 2jz motor. Also one of the pulleys weights more. And I've used the starter to knock loose the crank bolt. Engine turns ccw so you can only loose it this way. Good luck on tightening it.