If not.

I'll introduce you to my buddy...

...name's Search. He's very helpful.

;);)

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Search obviously looks for words in posts, so "good + bad" isn't the best way to word it.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
There's so much info out there. If you can't find it, you should probably have your computer taken into the shop to have it's google fixed.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
686supra said:
i tried searching for it
1jz Good + Bad
nothing came up....

It's simple research, nothing more. If I was about to drop $4k - $6k on a swap, I would make damn sure that my money was being spent on something that I absolutely wanted. The questions you have asked lately tells me that you know nothing about MKIII's, let alone 1J's. Do yourself a favor, learn as much as you can before buying your car, our your (or your parents) wallet will undoubtedly suffer.

I don't see how you can proclaim that you want to do a 1J swap before you even know what the strong points of the motor are.....

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
OneJoeZee said:
There's so much info out there. If you can't find it, you should probably have your computer taken into the shop to have it's google fixed.

LOL, I'm running 512x4 googles, so I know a lot of shit....:biglaugh:

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
I have to ask how many times are you going to make the same goddamn thread asking the same goddamn question?
I found what you are looking for within 2 mins.
No I'm not going to tell you what to search for. If you are too lazy to even look for information please don't even bother with the car.

686supra

SupraBoarder
Jul 22, 2006
Parksville, BC, Canada
hecne why i dont plan on buying one until next summer, and im tryin to learn as much as i can, trust me, i wouldnt buy anything without getting the best or without knowing much about it, thats why i ask such dumb quesitons, they dont seem stupid to me, cause i dont know shit right now about 1jz and very little about 7m's..... but you guys know alot more then me and yeaa....

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I doubt anyone cares that you know little, I think it's because you are asking questions EASILY solved by search.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
686supra said:
hecne why i dont plan on buying one until next summer, and im tryin to learn as much as i can, trust me, i wouldnt buy anything without getting the best or without knowing much about it, thats why i ask such dumb quesitons, they dont seem stupid to me, cause i dont know shit right now about 1jz and very little about 7m's..... but you guys know alot more then me and yeaa....

That is one thing you need to understand. This website is for enthuasits that want to learn more and want to talk to others about their projects.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with asking questions and trying to learn...and not being aware of the search button is one thing...but continuing to make threads about knowledge that has been repeated ALL over this website...It honestly becomes VERY irritating to others.
In the future, try using the search button for anything...and if all else fails, make a thread.

A tip for searching, click "Search", then click on "Advanced Search" and click the dropdown bar that allows you to search by Title Only. It narrows things down much more specific to what you are searching for.

There's your tip for the day so we don't have to call the Fire Fighters in...

Because boy, you are getting flamed away. :icon_conf

-Jeff

Orubus

1JZ Powa'
May 12, 2005
Illinoies
Seeing how no one else wants to answer your question. I will give you two minutes of my time instead of wasting it telling you to search. Here ya go
Pros:
280 FWHP out of the box
High Revving
Strong Bottom end (supports around 600 ponies/maybe more...still being pushed)
Metal Head gasket
Easy swap with minor mechanical knowledge and mediocre electrical knowledge (not an rb26 in a corolla ya know?)
Easy to source with lots of help available
Whippin 7m ass :) just kidding you die hard 7m nuts.

Cons:
Replacement parts are not 100% available (although they share many components with the later model 2jz)
Semi-Costly to do the swap 100% correctly
Electrical understanding helps with swap (schematics/diagram reading, Volt testing, Diagnostics and trouble shooting)

Feel free to add. This is just a little bit of it.
Total time 2 minutes and 46 seconds.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
JustAnotherVictim said:
He doesn't learn anything by you spoon feeding him bud.
Also when he makes the same thread multiple times about THE SAME THING is doesn't add to people wanting to help.
Babying people doesn't make them think for themselves.

I was thinking this in my head the whole time reading his post, lol...

It's true. You learn better by finding and reading the information yourself.

When in doubt, pinky out...err...Search.