1JZ Fusebox wiring pictorial

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I just wanted to post this up since there are no pictures of the 'easy' way to wire the JZ fusebox wiring to the MA70. Credit the Hams for the idea and all the others that have done it already.

Below I have dissasembled the fuse box and taken off the wiring wrap:
2djcwuw.jpg

Here I have seperated the wiring so that you can see you only have to cut 3 wires now(the hydrofan thermister plug is there, so is the EFI fusebox plug and some AC? plugs):
2cxi1aa.jpg

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
there is an easy way to do it. just cut off the EA2 connector from the JZA70 harness and adapt it to the 6-pin MA70 connector.

on top of that, you will need to splice in 3 additional wires, 2 for the hydrofan temp sensor and 1 for the a/c clutch.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Jono is doing it like we do. One more thing to mention, there is a white wire in the 7m fusebox connector that needs to be popped out and put into the 1jz fusebox connector. You can tell which one it is because there is an empty slot in the 1jz fusebox connector for it. And also make sure to ground the ring terminal.

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
OK, thanx for illustrating this, but I'm still not understanding. My harness was extended by someone else, whom I cannot get ahold of. He singled out the wires that need to be soldered, but I'm still not sure to what. There are 3 wires coming off from my engine harness.
1.Yellow/green
2.White
3.Black/yellow
Now, what do I solder these to???? The gray EA2 connector? Or the round black alternator connector by the fuse box in my ma71???

I'm really sorry if this is stupid Q
This is my first swap into anything and I am dumb

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
itr.00-1282 said:
there is an easy way to do it. just cut off the EA2 connector from the JZA70 harness and adapt it to the 6-pin MA70 connector.

on top of that, you will need to splice in 3 additional wires, 2 for the hydrofan temp sensor and 1 for the a/c clutch.

where the heck is the wire for the A/C people say the Blue one but when i look i see like 3 or 4 of them :icon_conf I am thinking i'll keep my A/C just need to get a custom line made and wire up that wire

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
bobiseverywhere said:
where the heck is the wire for the A/C people say the Blue one but when i look i see like 3 or 4 of them :icon_conf I am thinking i'll keep my A/C just need to get a custom line made and wire up that wire

It's the only wire that goes to a 1 pin connector right near the fuse box and behind the battery.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Erkenz said:
OK, thanx for illustrating this, but I'm still not understanding. My harness was extended by someone else, whom I cannot get ahold of. He singled out the wires that need to be soldered, but I'm still not sure to what. There are 3 wires coming off from my engine harness.
1.Yellow/green
2.White
3.Black/yellow
Now, what do I solder these to???? The gray EA2 connector? Or the round black alternator connector by the fuse box in my ma71???

I'm really sorry if this is stupid Q
This is my first swap into anything and I am dumb

Those 3 wires should run from the EA2 connector to the wires that connect to the 7m alternator connector. The colors should match up.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
For the wire that went to the alternator.

I took the 1JZ-A70 alternator connector & black clip that bolts the terminal to the body and pulled it through the loom in the engine. It came out the same path as the wires for the oil pressure where it comes out from the runners there.
I bolted it to one of the plenum 10mm bracket bolts and used the original ma70 alternator terminal for the alternator and bolted it to the wire in the black clip.

Your ok like arron said is the best easiest way to do it! the way i did my first swap also!
you have to split open one of the grounds and put 1/2 of the jza-70 one in it.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
hey ok... sorry to butt in... but what if you dont want to use the 1jz fusebox... since its practicly the same cant i use the 7m's i know i have to cut out the alt. wire thats already connected to the 7m's and use the 1jz's and also im not using the hydro fan im goin to be running a mechanical fan with my set up... so is it possible and will it be harder... another reason why i want to use the 7m fusebox is because i accidentally ran it over when i pulled in the driveway and yea... that crap pissed me off... so yea input please...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The fuse box is the same with minor exceptions
looks cleaner usualy haves less milage and wear on them.
The alternator haves a fusable link on the ma70 fusebox the JDM jza-70 uses a block fuse with higher amperage. maybe a couple of the other fuses are slightly higher amperage because the jza70 haves a little more electronics.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
AZN MK3 said:
hey ok... sorry to butt in... but what if you dont want to use the 1jz fusebox... since its practicly the same cant i use the 7m's i know i have to cut out the alt. wire thats already connected to the 7m's and use the 1jz's and also im not using the hydro fan im goin to be running a mechanical fan with my set up... so is it possible and will it be harder... another reason why i want to use the 7m fusebox is because i accidentally ran it over when i pulled in the driveway and yea... that crap pissed me off... so yea input please...

As evilempire said, you can use either one, they are the same. You can also swap whatever parts between them that you want, I used the 7m alternator block and the rest 1jz.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
The fuse box is the same with minor exceptions
looks cleaner usualy haves less milage and wear on them.
The alternator haves a fusable link on the ma70 fusebox the JDM jza-70 uses a block fuse with higher amperage. maybe a couple of the other fuses are slightly higher amperage because the jza70 haves a little more electronics.

JonoTurbo said:
As evilempire said, you can use either one, they are the same. You can also swap whatever parts between them that you want, I used the 7m alternator block and the rest 1jz.

ok thanks guys so all i have to do is cut the 3 alt. wires and tapped 'em into the 1jz harness practiclly and same goes for the a/c???

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
My apologies ahead of time if this might be offtopic.

I'm changing all the power wires out of my car and I noticed that there are two 10-gauge wires that run to the alternator. Do those two 10G wires run back to the block fuse in the fuse box? Or does only one 10g run back.
I plan to use a seperate fuse holder when I rewire everything. Can I cut & cap those two 10 gauge wires running to the alternator? -Tom

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
kwnate said:
What about these plugs:
Those plugs are for the AC. They are for the magnetic clutch relay and the speed sensors.

kwnate said:
Also, the white wire that you pull out of the 7m connector and plug into the jz fuse box connector. Where do you hook that into?
That wire is only needed if you are going to be using the stock alarm. It is the positive wire to the alarm horn at the back of the engine bay.