1JZ fuel rail...how much HP can it support?

Van Diesel

Powered by vino
Dec 12, 2006
El Paso, Texas
I know there is a correlation between fuel hose size and the amount of HP it can support, so how much can the stock JZA70 1JZ-GTE fuel lines support? I'm not talking about injectors or pump. I ordered some 800cc injectors (not VENOM haha) and have a walboro 255lph/hp in tank pump already installed. I also have a slosh tank + inline pump (not installed currently) that will go in since the single walboro will not make as much HP as I am shooting for.

So my question is when is it a good idea to upgrade to -6AN or even -8AN sized lines?

1fastsupra

Nov 24, 2005
ft lauderdale
just this weekend past we had my friends 1jz on the dyno and it has 620cc inj (sard) stock fuel rail and lines with 1 300zxtt fuel pump and it made 545rwhp and powerband climbing but was running out of fuel pressure.....we're giong to upgrade to dual pumps and lines and resume where we left off at the dyno..........this should be interesting

Van Diesel

Powered by vino
Dec 12, 2006
El Paso, Texas
damn. I'm shooting for a measily 600 HP. Hopefully I can make 600 HP on the stock lines.

I wouldn't think 620cc injectors could sustain 500 HP at 80% injector duty.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Van Diesel said:
¹ how much can the stock JZA70 1JZ-GTE fuel lines support?
² I ordered some 800cc injectors (not VENOM haha)
³ have a walboro 255lph/hp
¹ no more then 550cc fuel rail is the limit!
² Not Venom good, > 550cc side feed 1jz fuel rail bad(waste of money).
³ Walbro 255lph is rated to about 600hp so getting 600-700hp with out significant fuel pressure drop will be a challange. I might do duel Walbros myself and add a fuel line parallel.

solution MVP top feed rail!

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
stock lines and one walbro is not a safe combo for 500 WHP.

@ 523 whp i was starting to lean out bad 12.8 by end of the run and some very hot egt's

Needless to say I backed it off after that run.

If you are going to upgrade the lines get -8 or don't bother.

Also look for 2 walbros in take and a nice rail to support it.

Van Diesel