1jz filling cylinders with fuel??

Master Bator

Oct 4, 2009
Lethbridge
I am having exact same problem as you. Fuel being dumped into engine. So I read this thread. Took gas cap off and it ran like nothing was wrong. So I start driving it home. The whole way home it's still smoking white (fuel) from exhaust. I figure it's just left over. Get about 5 kms and it's starts smoking like Crazy again. So now I'm back to square one. Overfueling. I think I can narrow it down to too much pressure. I drove that 5 kms with gas cap off. Now I'm stuck downtown still

All I can think of is fuel pressure regulator

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
you need to pull your intercooler off and dump it out if you flooded your motor like i did. my intercooler was full of gas and I had to dump it cause the car still wouldn't run very good, and smoked.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
toyotanos;1750369 said:
The sensor ground is bolted to the intake manifold, but the injectors are grounded through the computer. 12v is fed through a resistor, then to the injectors. If you have a constant ground to the injectors there is a wiring issue with either the harness or the computer.

The ground wires on the intake manifold are the ECU ground wires (where the injectors get their ground through).

If the lower injector o-rings leak on these side feed injectors the fuel will leak right from the rail into the intake manifold with no external fuel leak visible. You can check for this by taking the fuel rail bolts out and pulling the rail back a bit, then pressurize the fuel system by turning the key on. That should run the fuel pump. If you see fuel leaking from near the injector tips, but not spraying from the center of the injector, it's the o-rings leaking.

That will also work to find stuck or leaking injectors, obviously.

Just don't try to start the engine or it will probably catch on fire or blow up or both.

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
destrux;1777128 said:
The ground wires on the intake manifold are the ECU ground wires (where the injectors get their ground through).

Stupid question... where exactly are the ground wires located on the intake manifold? underneath it?

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
i know it's an old thread but no point in starting a new one.

i'm having this issue with my buddies car.

details about the car: 92 mk3 1jz (jza70) swap, Blitz Jza70 ecu, 440's, SAFC, stock FPR

so my buddy brought his car to me from Texas so i can figure out his running rich issue since he getting ready to be shipped out he doesn't have much time to do anything himself. Got the car here and it would turn on and run like crap. 10.0 afr's at idle. I tested his Mines ECU on another buddies 1jz and it ran perfect no hiccups or flaws pulled hard, tested map and tps at the same time. uninstalled the SAFC to kinda try to convert everythign slowly back to stock and no help ran the same. I happened to accidentally wiggle the harness where the harness was extended and the car sometimes got worse or slightly better and sometimes die all together. feeling i figured out the issue i pulled the harness and checked the extended area connections. every single wire was twisted together then taped. i re-soldered every single damn wire and shrink wrap (even connected the shielding wire grounds as they were left cut.) so cam, crank and knock sensors wires were not shielded.

got the harness hooked back up on the car. feeling confident, I cranked the engine and after about 10 seconds of trying to start it and it hydro locked. pumped out the gas and there was tons of fuel in 4 of 6 cylinders (2,3,4,5 were flooded and 1 and 6 were damp but dry in comparison)

here's a quick video of me and my girlfriend getting the gas out. (someone is going to flame so i'll do it now. i tried to pull the EFI fuse mid video and pulled the wrong one out, didn't notice till i watched the video again. haha i wasn't paying attention.) sorry for the crappy video it looks better on my iphone 4 :/

http://youtu.be/0_xkpVIQAKY

i replaced the 440's with 370's i had that i know worked incase some how 4 of 6 injectors went bad at once. same deal it flooded and locked up again. i pulled my noid light out and began test for injector pulse. noid light shows key off, engine off = no light, key on engine off= no light, key on engine on = pulsing injector signal. no grounding issue.... i became more confused. opened ECU to look for leaking caps but it was dirty in there and saw some weird funky blackish brown stuff (i'll post a pic later tonight) but the ecu worked fine on my buddies car, and for shits and giggles tried his ecu on this car and still no change. ECU and Injectors i feel have been ruled out. next is wiring AGAIN!!!

also did the gas cap thing and nothing still flooded.

anyone think an Ignitor can have an effect? that's the only thing i haven't tested.

Last edited:

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
just o2 sensor (carlos's car never had an o2 sensor) but it's shouldn't come into play or be an issue till the motor warms up i'd imagine.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
So Adam (slowmedown) came over last night to begin trying to test a few things. a few people on SF suggested mechanical timing was off (not sure how this would cause flooding of cylinders) but checked any ways and the timing is dead on. We tested another known working map sensor and igniter. No change.

We hooked up my noid light again for the hell of it. we went down every single injector. when i got to injector number 3, the light showed the injector stuck open in the Key on/ engine off position. i went to injector 4 and it pulsed went to 5 think for sure it was going to show stuck open like 3 since they batch fire together. actually the was no signal or pulse on 5 but stuck open on 3? me and adam began to talk about what it could be and mid conversation the 5th injector decided to turn on without anyone touching a thing (adam left the key in the key on, engine off position during the conversation). so what it seemed like to us is that the issue is a constant intermitten issue (if that makes sense haha) . This time injectors 3 and 5 STUCK OPEN key in the on position/ engine off. When I previously tested the injectors they all pulsed.

I began to think maybe the harness had issues. But we decided to test a adams ecu while we were at it and see it was the ECU. This time it fired right up! But after about 15-20 seconds it would just die. Start it again and die 5-10 seconds later. It would never just stay on. I went ahead and retested all injectors for pulsing and coils to make sure they were firing.

I'm now more confused then ever. Harness seems to be working and passing the signal but won't run properly with blitz ecu will run a bit better with another known working ecu but won't stay on.

both ECU and harness suck?

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
opened the ECU this morning and can't tell if it's leaking caps or something Blitz prayed or coated the ECU when they were in here last cause it is everywhere!!!!

looks good so far
p1863500_1.jpg

p1863500_2.jpg

p1863500_3.jpg

then i see all this crap literally everywhere

p1863500_4.jpg

p1863500_5.jpg

p1863500_6.jpg

BAD ECU OR SOME SORT OF COATING FROM BLITZ?

hakuta

Nov 21, 2013
Vantaa
Did you come in some kind conclusion? I got same kind of problems with my 1jz swapped mk3... It might run ok about half hour or hour and then it runs ridiculous rich (~10 afr) and drops one or two cylinders out... Then i turn off engine and leave key in the position where it is when car runs (acc?), wait a moment and suddenly injectors start snapping on/off very fast for few seconds... After that engine is hydro locked...
Car has apexi safc2, 3,5" exhaust and big fmic...

Last edited:

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
I have extra had this happen 2 times. And both time I lost an injector driver in stand alone. Both times it stuck wide open filling piston with gas.