1JZ ECU Cap Repair

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
Hello I have a quick question,

I did alot of reading on the ECU capacitor replacing and after doing my diagnostics and comparing my results to other peoples I have come to the conclusion that my capacitors are on the way out.

However I opened up my 1JZ ECU and there isn't any signs of blown capacitors yet have any of you experienced bad capacitors and other problems without being able to see them until you physically test them?

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
nobody had a similar issue where their capacitors looked fine but they turned out to be going bad?

Last edited:

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
I am wondering the same... My question when did others ecu's go? How long was it before their ecu's capacitor went bad? I wanna know because a stand alone would be nice with my swap but that's a lot of mullah

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
well I want to get mine re-done, I just want to make sure I am not wasting my money on getting it serviced for nothing.

some symptoms I have are rich mixtures, a miss, flooding, no fault codes, I changed tps, IAC, checked injectors, changed map with a spare one etc.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Project-X;1809844 said:
well I want to get mine re-done, I just want to make sure I am not wasting my money on getting it serviced for nothing.

some symptoms I have are rich mixtures, a miss, flooding, no fault codes, I changed tps, IAC, checked injectors, changed map with a spare one etc.

tell tale sign of a dying ECU, Aaron is really quick, you'll most likely have it back within a week.