1jz differences

aznwaterboy

Swap never finished
Feb 5, 2006
Bay Area, California
lol its not a slump, its the oil sump pan. aristo is a front sump and the supra is a rear sump i believe. I may not be correct so someone else come in and tell me if i'm wrong or not.

and i heard you were going 1jz from kris, mine should be done soon............................soon lol

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Corrct. Aristo is front sump and will not work on Supras. If you get an Aristo motor , you will need to change the sump to a rear one and that can run you a extra 3-400 dollars.
Harness is also different than the jza70 ones.
Mounting brackets are different as well.

Jason T

JZS161 Aristo TT
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland New Zealand..Aotearoa
mk3concepts;889900 said:
what is the difference between the supra 1jz and the aristo 1jz? ive heard the motor mounts and something about a slump..whats that slump?

#1 Aristo never got 2.5

#2 SUMP as in oil pan

Supra sump pan is at rear

Aristo pan is at front

Slump = Engrish speak good I

Ask about "warranty" that should be entertaining

aznwaterboy

Swap never finished
Feb 5, 2006
Bay Area, California
haha its me, alex, the guy with the black n/a. the one that said i was going 1jz like a year ago. i helped you with ur fuel pump a while back.

hey moe, when will you be done with the lift? I'm going to need it soon so i can finish. plus you can help me with my fusebox wiring lol

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Yeah, it's pretty much all in the FAQ.

Chaser = front sump, different mounts
Soarer = rear sump, different mounts
Supra = rear sump, correct mounts

The wiring is quite different as well, so if you're not an electrical engineer you're going to want the Supra ECU and harness.

Also, if you get the engine and trans together, beware that the Soarer R154's are different.

Your best bet? If you're going to keep the 1JZ mostly stock, just get a Supra front clip. It might be a few hundred more, but after you chase down the other parts that you'll need you'll have spent more than the price of the clip.