1jz cylinder head help

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
I searched and couldn't find anything that helped. At the rear of the 1jz cylinder head there is a half moon like piece that sits on the head between the valve covers. What is that called and where can I find one? I've looked at 2jz parts diagrams and I believe it's cylinder head is flat in the back. I think the 240sx ka dual cam head uses a similar piece and I don't know if it would fit correctly

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Idk what there specific name is. Just call them half moons. If you went to Toyota and told the parts guy he should know what your talking about.

I would think the 2jz one is the same but idk for sure.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I ran the part number online and its only for the 1JZ. I also checked my engine overhaul kit and its not part of that, but there is an online site that can source one from Osaka or Moscow http://quickparter.com/oem-parts/1118388400.html
but you would probably be better off finding one from another 1J.
If you still have yours and it just leaks then throw some FIPG on it.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
I'm curious if other half moon's would work on the 1j like from a 5sfe. I seriously would walk in to a dealership (the shop part) and ask the techs if they had some laying around. give them a few bucks for it. When I was at the dealer the techs kept a lot of spare parts like that. A little fipg and you'll be good as new like f00g00 said. (hopefully)

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
I didn't have any at all, lost while the head was machined. I ended up buying 2 240sx ka plugs from Nissan for a few dollars. I cut 1/8 of an inch off the top because they were a little tall, then added fipg to help seal. Once I finish the car pretty soon I'll let yal know how it holds, no leaks, etc