1jz coils on a 7m, here's the wiring diagram

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I don't think so, there were a bunch of pissed off people when I didn't release the diagram at first, then after I made it available everyone lost interest. I think the only way it would happen is if I made a kit but there is not enough money in it to be worth the time it takes to make one to sell.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
suprra_girl said:
did the shrink wrap work?

I have not had a chance to try it on the cracked coils yet, but I will let you know. It's just an insulator, you could use hose if you wanted to. I might make a insulator kit with high temp silicone hose for 1j/2j coils.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
it's definitely a better alternative than buy new coils hehe
i was toying with the idea of putting in 1j coils but the first problem i had (was just playing around) is that the part in the 1j coil where you put the screws to bolt into the 1j bracket hits the 7m covers... what'd you do to avoid this?
oh err i guess if i read the beginning of ur thread i'll find out hehe :)

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
suprra_girl said:
i was gonna be lazy and ask you why two ignitors and etc etc but i'll read your thread and stop being lazy haha :) thanks :D

It basically comes down to the fact that running coils in parallel will decrease the spark energy. You need one ignitor output per coil, unless you use a CDI ignition box with much higher voltage then 12v.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Allan_MA70 said:
You do tend to put your foot on a land mine now and then Aaron!
Can see why though from this spy cam shot of Aaron ;) (big feet)
(Here's how he made the Coils fit Suze)

ssbaxe.gif

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
bigaaron said:
I don't think so, there were a bunch of pissed off people when I didn't release the diagram at first, then after I made it available everyone lost interest. I think the only way it would happen is if I made a kit but there is not enough money in it to be worth the time it takes to make one to sell.

Not everyone has lost interest, Aaron. How many kits would have to sell for you to do this and what kind of price would they be?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
mattjk said:
aaron, you used to work at orvac? i've been going there for years... love that place!

I'm curious what gap you used? A tighter gap may have helped your issue.

Ya, I used to manage the sound department. I still go in every few weeks and say hi.

The issue it had I found out later was cracked coils. It's going back on soon.
I put the coils on another car and it did the same thing. I made some insulators to go on the 1j coils to keep them from arcing and cracking further.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
looks good man! if i knew more about electronics if definately follow your lead and do this as im currently working on an FFIM. keep up the good work man!

TealMetallicDream

Team Dragst@ Member
Jan 3, 2006
Detroit
sry to revive this thread from the dead, but i was thinking about switching over to coil on plug and wonderd how the hell you check/set timing if you do this?

schokomanu

Dec 16, 2008
Munich
Where can I find this wiring diagram? I know it is a couple years ago. I tried to find it on driftmotion.com but seems not there anymore.