1JZ- can I use this AEM ECU?

Traumtänzer

Jul 24, 2012
Germany
Hi guys,

I know it's a stupid questtion, the guys at the AEM forum will know it maybe, but I haven't found there a threat about an 1JZ.
The search here also hasn't show up the results I was after, so I just ask:
Can I wire this AEM ECU to my 1JZ? If I had to change the wires, no problem, I had to build a new wiring loom.
2012-11-26 19.33.54.jpg

Many thanks guys!!

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
That appears to be a Honda box. Just ask on the AEM forum to make sure. I heard of a few guys locally that run the honda boxes in there 1JZ swapped cars.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
There's a company that sells a plugnplay kit with patch harness that uses the 6030 aem box. Most all aem's have extra injector outputs, so if your good with wiring, then yes it can work. Just check the part number to make sure it has 2 extra injector and 2 extra coil outputs. That way you can run sequential. And aems can use just about any iac, knock, air anc coolant temps.

Watch the inj imp tho, some can only run hi z units, so a resitor box maybe needed.

Traumtänzer

Jul 24, 2012
Germany
Yeah I know they sell the AEM ECU, but I need to know if THIS ECU is suitable to the 1JZ. Wiring is no problem, as I have to wire a new loom.

I also started a thread in the AEM forum, lets see where I get some useful informations first ;)

Traumtänzer

Jul 24, 2012
Germany
Yeah I know they sell the AEM ECU, but I need to know if THIS ECU is suitable to the 1JZ. Wiring is no problem, as I have to wire a new loom.

I also started a thread in the AEM forum, lets see where I get some useful informations first ;)

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Traumtänzer;1895434 said:

Did you read my post? I didnt mention DM as you said were asking about that box and were wiring it yourself. Look the p/n up and see what it has for inputs and outputs.

Here.

Details:

Plug & Play Programmable Engine Management System

AEM Plug & Play Engine Management Systems

AEM's Plug & Play Engine Management System (EMS) are for racing vehicles and plug directly into a vehicle's factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware. Windows™ compatible software (2000, XP, NT, 98, 95, ME) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. An integrated tuning wizard allows users to create a base map specifically for a car�s configuration, regardless of what type of injectors, sensors, coils or other changes have been made. The AEM EMS's infinitely adjustable software allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.

*Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.

• Installs in minutes using Plug & Play technology�no wiring necessary!
• Start-up calibrations included
• Live help window eases tuning process
• Set-up Wizard creates a custom base map for your car
• System is fully enabled�Never pay for upgrades!
• Free software updates on aempower.com
• Uses all the factory sensors
• Runs on Windows™ compatible software
• Fuel table automapping
• Programmable traction control
• Onboard 512kb datalogger
• Up to 10 cylinder sequential fuel injection
• 16 general-purpose outputs
• 7 definable switch inputs
• Electronic boost control
• Soft cut rev limiters
• Two step launch control
• Wet or dry nitrous control
• Definable knock control
• Full idle control
• 4 EGT inputs with fuel control
• 16/32 hybrid high speed processor

[AEM301050]

Installation:

Professional installation is recommended.

AEM Plug and Play Engine Management System Fits:
• 1998-1999 Acura CL 2.3L Manual Transmission Only
• 1998-2002 Honda Accord DX, LX, and EX F23 Manual Transmission Only
• 1999-2000 Honda Civic DX / LX / EX / SI Manual Transmission Only
• 2000-2001 Acura Integra RS / LS / GS / GSR Manual Transmission Only

Highlight:

Tune Engine Control, Power, Fuel, Ignition Timing and more!

From my findings, most all AEM's are the same, they just install a different plugnplay harness. This says it has up to 10 cylinder sequential injection. So all is there for this to work, you just need to wire it.

Edit, traffic is slow on the AEM forums. If you download the AEM ecu pinout and look through it, it will all make sence. I have a series 2 for a supra, and by the time I repinned it all and redid the harness, not much is left in the stock positons from all the extra inputs and outputs avaialbe.

I thought about this a little more lastnight, and check the aem's ecu pinout for a crank and cam input. Everything else is pretty easy. You can even download and navigate aempro free of charge.

Last edited:

Traumtänzer

Jul 24, 2012
Germany
@nathaninwa:

Thanks for the help mate,
I was extremly tired when I postet the re asking. It seems that I overred your first post, sorry. The last informations are pretty good, they helped me a lot!