1JZ bottleneck found

Nucleon

German Supra Driver
Hi guys, I've never read about this so maybe this could be new to you. I was just replacing the rubber hoses that connect the T-Intake pipe with the turbo intake pipes.

The stock hose is a bilayer hose and with time passing by the inner layer caved in, because of the vacuum in this area. Since this will happen to new Toyota hoses too, I decided to replace them with 50mm id radiator hose.

Some pics:

Left ist the old hose and right the same new from Toyota.

~Daniel

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
boy thats ugly,i've never seen that posted before.everybody should take the piping appart to see the condition of there twin's before the swap.hopefully noticing stuff like that,but who know's.mine were actually pretty hard and crusty.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
I noticed you have what looks to be either ridiculously good condition original exhaust manifold studs or brand new stock studs. If they are indeed new studs, where did you get them and/or do you have a Toyota part number for them? Thanks a bunch.

Nucleon

German Supra Driver
werewolves182;1018325 said:
I noticed you have what looks to be either ridiculously good condition original exhaust manifold studs or brand new stock studs. If they are indeed new studs, where did you get them and/or do you have a Toyota part number for them? Thanks a bunch.

Toyota part number is 90116-10169 for the studs and 90179-10094 for the nuts. Be sure to have new manifold gaskets.