1jz boost controller problems

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
ok i was finallly decided to turn up the boost on my car yesterday but im not geting any results i got a stock 1j with full 3 inch exhaust with upgraded piping and fmic. now my friend had a gs400 with a 2j and he went from 10lbs to 16lbs by hookin up the boost to his front turbo and not touchin the back one so i decided to do the same thing but now that i think about it am i able to do that since the 1j twins are parallel. i hooked up queenskids manual boost controller and i'm still only hitting 12lbs which is just about the same that i boost everyday and we know his works becauze we hit fuel cut on his 7m with it. do i have to hook up the the back turbo as well? i have an hks evc ez unit.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
You need to T off both turbos. When u crank the boost its a world of diff! I daily drove 18 psi for over a year. Fuel cut will be very violent and suck ass.

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
ok i put vacuum tees on bothe turbos and tried to turn it up but i'm only get 13lbs right now instead of ten but my evc is turned all the way up i'm pretty sure i dont have any boost leaks cuz she ran great before any ideas could it be my bov needs adjsuting any info would help i want more boost lol

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
Im at stock boost with fuel pump, afpr, 2jz map, and safc for fuel mods, and 3" y-pipe back, 2.5" piping, and big frontmount for breathing. and i hit cut from time to time. usually at lower rpms (2500-3500). (and i had 550's in, but it seemed overkill so i went back to stock)

not to thread jack, but what can i do to stop this?

and if i pushed the boost a little further, how much worse will the problem get?