1JZ auto to r154 motor set??

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I would like to ask a few of you jz swap masters some quick questions.

How logical would it be to buy a 1JZ engine set with an auto tranny, then bolt up my r154 with a jz bellhousing?
I know it can be done obviously, but what all would I need besides the flywheel and bellhousing?
Would I need to have any special wiring do be done? Im pretty good with wiring and diagrams, but I'd like to know what would have to be done.
Would I need to buy a M/T ECU? and could I use the auto wiring harness with it?

As of right now, I'm only considering my options, so please be gentle with my requests. And yes, I did do a quick search.. I will continue to search, but it can't hurt to go ahead and ask now, right?

Drew

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
My 7MGE i swapped to a W58 is still on an auto harness, Using a manual ECU, But thats nt needed.

For a 1jz to bolt up to an R154...

R154
1jz bellhousing
a 1jz flywheel
And thats it. Everything else is identical as far as I know

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
you can stay with the auto ecu. by-pass the neutral safety switch and wire the reverse light's into the r154.use your old gte driveshaft and get a 7m clutch kit

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
tsuper92 said:
you can stay with the auto ecu. by-pass the neutral safety switch and wire the reverse light's into the r154.use your old gte driveshaft and get a 7m clutch kit
Lol ok. Well I knew that much. I have an auto > 5spd swapped 7mgte already. It is currently using the auto harness and a manual ecu. Ive rewired the tailights from the plug in the dash to a switch, and Ive returned the car to the original starter curcuit by bypassing the nss already.
Knowing all that, I was making sure that the 1JZ worked the same, as far as plugs on the differing ecus and such.

Thanks for the info!