1jz auto cel and temp

suprachris

Nov 22, 2015
fort wayne
i just wired up the gauges. my temp gauge pegs. and i have no check engine light. key on not running or with it running. now the temp gauge pegs as soon as i turn the key over. 86.5 with a 1jz from idk. any help? also have to wire up the fuel with a 12v straight wire.. maybe i just have'nt found the answer on here. any help would be great. thanks

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
The only 1J ecu that works like "12v on/off" on the fuel pump utput pin, is the one from JDM MK3 supra.

All the other 1j and 2j ecu's sends a 5v PWM signal on the fuel pump pin.
The 5v PWM signal ends up in a Fuel Pump Controller close to the tank, adjusting the rpm of the fuel pump as commanded by the ecu. (Toyota engineers thought: You dont need 100% rpm on a fuel pump at idle, for instance. Reducing RPM then reduces wear and noise)

In short, you need to stick with your +12v hotwire if you dont have the supra ECU.
Building your own PWM fuel pump controller or getting a used one installed is a time consuming job.

suprachris

Nov 22, 2015
fort wayne
Figured it out. My temp wire was not hooked up to ground.the new map sensor completed the circuit for the check engine light to function. All gauges work. Now to change the speed sensor on the auto to a mechanical sending unit and get a longer cable. Oh and the trial and error on the drive shaft.