1jz and map ecu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
with all the 1jz ecu failures i am sure many people have to skimp on the piggybacks and go for standalones heh

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I think hes ^ right about the standalones but I would not tune a ecu myself, any more any how. I used to tune my honda but it's just so damn sketchy with out the proper tools and experience. Every time I drove the thing I felt like I should mess with the map some more. when I payed someone to do it with experience I felt I got the best I could have and that was that. so is it easy, not for me.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
You should just be able to take any 1JZ or 2JZ base map for ignition control sequencing etc making sure to have matching output paremeters like if he went sequential versus kept batch fire based on if the ecu is compatable with low impedence injectors or what ever your parems outline you should be able to use any base map then just trim your fuel and adjust things to your likeing, like redline it is not that hard to program them.

But for sure when you can drive it take it in for a dyno final trim there you may want to pay a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.