1JZ alternator issues, possibly wiring

ronnie4

Nov 25, 2007
Huntsville
Well I've replaced both the alternator and battery on my 1JZ and am still having the same issue. When I first start it up it will read 14.5v across the battery. After driving for 5 min it will only read 12v and die if i let off the gas.

Can anyone verify my fuse box/alternator to EB1 and EB2 wiring? This is a soarer motor

yellow from old alternator plug to large gauge solid black and smaller gauge solid black with solver dots on engine

white from old alternator plug to white wire with a greenish tint to it on engine

black yellow from old alternator plug goes to nothing

blk/red from fuse box on car to large gauge blk/red and small gauge blk/red on engine

white with greenish tint from fuse box to white on engine

ylw/blk from fuse box to ylw/blk on engine

orange/blk from fuse box to orange/blk on engine

My thoughts are I possibly switched the white and white/greenish tint wires, or maybe the black yellow from the old alt connector is supposed to go somewhere?

ronnie4

Nov 25, 2007
Huntsville
Well I tried reversing the white wires, didn't do anything. I also tried messing with that other alternator wire, didn't do anything as well. I cleaned all the grounds around the battery, are there any other grounds that would affect the alternator that I should check?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
did you replace the main wire to the fusebox/battery from the alt? if its corroded or connected in a ghetto way it wont last long