1JZ 3K Idle issue Please help

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
I searched around and read a bunch of 1jz idle issues and solutions but none of them seem to match mine. So I thought I might ask for input and ideas.

1JZ with a T61 single that ran/idled perfect with my 440cc injectors until I went WOT and then it got a little lean. So I bought some brand new SARD 540cc injectors. Put them in with all new seals. I never took off my TB but did take off my ISC. Put it all back together, lowered the FP a bit and now when it’s cold it idles just fine. When it gets warm the idle surges to 3000 and sticks. I’m thinking it’s the ISC because I’ve had troubles with it before and had to clean it as others have. When the idle surges I can tap the ICS a few times and the idle settles down to normal but as soon as I hit the throttle again it sticks at 3K.

I’ve replaced all the caps in my stock ECU and there aren’t any leaks in the intake.

I was either thinking ISC or maybe the stock ECU/SAFC can’t handle the SARD 540CC high impedance injectors? Anyone running this combo? Seems unlikely it’s the injectors because the 2J 550’s w/resistor packs are run in 1J’s all the time with the stock ECU.

Also, I tested the ISC using the method listed in the TRSM and the stepper motor moves the plunger from open to close and vice versa as it should, when off the intake and directly connected to the battery, yet tapping it when it’s on the car drops the idle to normal.

Any other ideas or trouble shooting tips?

Last edited:

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
I actually never took it out the first time I put the ISC back on and discovered the problem. I've taken out since and validated it was in correctly and cleaned it. Stuck it back in and I still have the issue.

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
I'm trying not to go backwards if at all possible unless there is a logical reason why it would be the injectors. It just seems so unlikely. I was hoping someone who has 550's or the same sard 540's and stock ecu might read this and confirm they don't have the issue. I did compare resistance on both and they are almost identical and the car runs great with the 540's in. It's strictly an idle down issue and as I said, it will idle down but not without manipulation.

Last edited: