1j vs LS6 GTO and small spray bolt on 99WS6

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
OK this race started early this year. I met this guy Pierre with a Black 5.7 GTO. His mods were:

LS6 intake manifold
LS6 heads
Ls6 Cams
Longtubes
offroad pipes
Catback
upgraded Clutch
and a tune

This was when i was bpu still and just had a Sard ecu, 17psi, full exhaust untuned runing 9:1 a/f's on stock 3.72 rear gears.

Well we ran three times, first one he was lined up against a Stage 2 SRT4, and im a car behind the,. i hear them 3 honk and tear off instantly making up the car length between us, so i slowly shift to 2nd to open up the gap and again start pulling up on them, well i notice that there is no one in the slow lane so i shift to 3rd and switch lanes and start pulling ahead. well once i get along side the srt4 he lets out but now me and the GTO are neck and neck all the way up to ~155. i usually dont race that fast but it was a he wasnt letting out so i wasnt. Well later that night when we are leaving we meet up on the hwy again, well this time i have my gf and her fat friend in the car, so i ask if they want to see me get my ass walked on. They say hell no kick his ass and we honk off from a 65roll, i end up pulling out about 1.5 on him to ~115........so he pulls up again we honk it off and he jumps, he now has a car head start and i reel him in and put 3/4 on him by 120.

Well im at a party a few weeks ago and this guy is just in love with my car, asking me all kinds of questions. He then asks if im interested in racing at all, well i say no t really cause i tore my motor mount and the motor jumps around when i shift hard, well he goes on to tell me that his buddy is a big Domestic freak and says no import could beat his WS6, and asks if id want to run him and shut him up. He tells me that its a full exhaust Auto car. so when the guy shows up it turns out that its Pierre with a new car..... well he asks if ive done anything to my car since and i told him that its tuned now, so we head out. He decides he wants to go from a 20 roll, so we line up and hit off, i instantly spin but pull out 3/4 car, through 2nd we are even but in 3rd and 4th i steadily pull away from him to 2.5 cars between our bumpers @~120. well as i find out later he is just livid that he lost and just splits shortly after the race.

Well He posted up his mods on an Fbody site a few days before our race, they were:
SLP Lid
SLP bellow
SLP LS6 intake manifold
Ported TB
Nittos NT55s 315/35/17
Subframe Connectors
SLP Loudmouth catback
Headman Stepped Longtubes
Off road Y-pipe
ASP underdrive pulley
MSD wires
NGK plugs
ZEX wet kit (75 hp) shot
All the FREE MODS

Ive done a few more things since the race with his GTO like adding:
Greddy Emanage
AEM wideband
Modified RPS stage 3 6puck
Crower 272 small core intake cam
HKS 264 exhaust cam
Modified 4.30 LSD
275/40/17 rubber
and upping the boost to 18
Im still on stock IC and piping

Sorry for the long read but i havent posted anything in a while so i though id add.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Did the cams make as much a difference as what I've read posted by other members? Did you lose alot in the bottom end with the cams? I've been thinking about getting the small core 272's but didn't know if they were worth it or not. Let me know, and if you don't post pics up soon, Bobiseverywhere will ban you.................lol

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
yes i did loose ALOT of the bottom end, basically everything under ~3400rpm, i have 4.30's and in 1st gear if i floor it at say 1500rpm, the car will bog and go nowhere until 3500 when it will instantly throw you in the seat roast the tires, and tear off strong until 8K. Even with the stock twins, lol but the gains out weigh the disadvantages.

And in fear of being banned, lol
1J_4PLY.jpg

RRint11.jpg

P9020413.jpg

air-filter.jpg

emanageaem1j.jpg

some new some old, my plate seems to work either way, i meant it to say "1J Foreplay", but "1J 4 play" works well to.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Looking good !!!!

oh and nice kill!

There's a GTO here with a 150 shot, intake exhaust, tuned.... 48XRWHP. I believe.

Spank time comin'!

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
thanks alot, i just found out that last week, he was showing off lost control and put her in a ditch.....so now hes building a 427LS1 02 WS6 6spd.... and he wants a rematch next spring, lol

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
apparently one more, from what im hearing he was overly confident that he was gonna whoop my ass this time around. and when he lost by more than he did in his GTO he was furious.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
SupraRacer said:
yes i did loose ALOT of the bottom end, basically everything under ~3400rpm, i have 4.30's and in 1st gear if i floor it at say 1500rpm, the car will bog and go nowhere until 3500 when it will instantly throw you in the seat roast the tires, and tear off strong until 8K. Even with the stock twins, lol but the gains out weigh the disadvantages.
This is EXACTLY how my car acts with cams. I have Crower 272 small cores, and a 4.1 rear end. Yeah, the car becomes a bit of a pig out of boost, but after a few days of driving it, you're used to it, and enjoy the crazyness that is 3400+.

With a little bit of tuning off boost, the car handles more closely to what it was stock, but there is a definite transition from no boost to boost :)

I don't think off-boost performance should not be a deciding factor with getting a set of cams for the 1JZ. It's really a non-issue. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. Everybody needs to cam their 1JZs :).

BTW, nice kill. I would have liked to see the face on the SRT when these 2 cars just left him in the dust.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have had my 272 small core's ordered for a while now. They were suppose to ship out friday night. Hopefully I will receive them this week. I'm taking my head to the machine shop this morning to get a three angle valve job done to it. Hopefully I will get to start putting my 1jz back together again this week. Look for a build up thread coming to a theatre near you................lol

RacerXJ220, You sir should keep your phone on at all times, cause I have a feeling I will be calling you for help...........:biglaugh:

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
i have a few races setup, a 3rd gen 3sgte powered NA/T Mr2, it ran a 12.8@106, i have another race with a T4 powered Mr2, and then a few Lt1's around here are convinced that i am lying about my car, and talking it into the 12's. they are convinced that my car runs no better than a 13.6@104 so they are calling me out. lol so once i take care of my light work, ill get right on to those Mr2's. i want to get a few more races on video before i make a new one, but know it will be posted on here first.

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
i have no idea, the one time i went to the track with this setup, i tuned beyond the efficency range of the turbos and the car had pulled timing 2/3 teh way down the track and it detonated hardcore in 4th, i ran a 13.0@106mph with a 1.9 60', i have since turned down the boost and it pulls alot harder. before i tuned i dynoed and put down only 318whp, which even with a literal 9:1 a/f was depressing, but then i found out that thier dynojet reads 10-12% lower than other dynojets because they did not set it up correctly, which would have put me ~349rwhp which sounds about right. at the moment im tuned ~10.8-11:1 still rich, because i tuned at 20psi and have since turned it down to 18.

an educated guess between me and my friends is on street tires 12.6-12.8 110-112traps. but again its just a guestimate.