1j vs 7m

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
i would first like to apologize to 7m owners i mean no disrepect lol. i just came back from miami on monday didn't even get home from the airport and i get a phone call about one of my friends that was going to run an evo wit a 7m supra so i met up wit them. now its been an ongoing fued between me and him he tells me that his 7m will beat my 1j because i don't have any torgue. now all i have is 2.5 piping big front mount and hks bov full 3" exhuast from turbos back and a stage 3 racing clutch he has mods i would rather not list becuase he's kind of cheap ebay turbo and so on.he tells me he'ss gonna beat up on the evo and said i should jump online to get beat up to. i tell him i'll jump infront of the line. we line up and queenskid926 flags the race he drops his had and i'm out. beat him out by 4 or five lenghts until the top of 4th. we turn around and go back he realizes that one of his spark plug wires came off. so we go again this time i had a bad launch but still held him of by a car maybe alittle bit more. Now this is why i apologized in the beggining after we left and were driving home he was next to me i heard that dreadfull sound comin from his car. YUP you guessed it rod knock now him block has no compression to even idle poor 7m.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Although I am a big fan of the 1jz, I will tell you that a couple spirited runs in a 7m will not cause rodknock. He was undoubtedly low on oil and that's definately his fault. I had a 7m for two years before I got the dreaded knock, but in that two years I probably raced fifty times or more and at least a hundred trips down the track.
He was crazy for thinking his barely upgraded 7m was going to beat your barely upgraded 1jz though.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I'm keeping a close eye on this one.If it turns into a pissing contest/flame war, I'm locking it up quick...

Just letting everyone know...

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
suprahero;1167983 said:
Although I am a big fan of the 1jz, I will tell you that a couple spirited runs in a 7m will not cause rodknock. He was undoubtedly low on oil and that's definately his fault. I had a 7m for two years before I got the dreaded knock, but in that two years I probably raced fifty times or more and at least a hundred trips down the track.
He was crazy for thinking his barely upgraded 7m was going to beat your barely upgraded 1jz though.
lol i kno i wasn't the cause of it but i know those two runs didn't help.and believe me i kno there are a lot of badass 7ms out there this one was just one of the unlucky ones. this one had a faint tap that i heard it before we raced a couple of weeks back when i was helpin him work on it cuz it wasn't running right at all.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
hey now, if it wasnt for the 7m, there probably wouldnt be a 1j or 2j. and even if there was they would probably be drastically different, since they are based on the 7m, as the 7 was based on the 6 and 6 to 5 and so on.

its a family of straight six's so don't hate =) of course a JZ can take a 7m. because in reality they are a modernized and upgraded 7m...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nomad707;1168009 said:
its a family of straight six's so don't hate =) ..

Nobody is hatin on the 7m. I feel this thread will be locked shortly. Any time the 7m and 1jz is mentioned together in a sentence, nut swingers from both sides show up to represent one or the other. I wasn't hating on the 7m, I just stated that if they both have the same mods, I thought the 1jz would beat him. Now if you get into more than just basic bolt ons then I'm sure it's different for every car. Most of the higher horsepowered engines on here are more than likely 7m's, but they don't have basic performance upgrades.
I loved my supra when it had a 7m in it. I love my supra now with a 1.5jz in it.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
no no.. i wasnt being serious.. i was just being silly.. im just saying its a family of straight 6's.. im not tryin to start a 1j vs 7m war.. i honostly like 1j's more then 7m.. but in reality the 7m did start the era

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
Nomad707;1168019 said:
no no.. i wasnt being serious.. i was just being silly.. im just saying its a family of straight 6's.. im not tryin to start a 1j vs 7m war.. i honostly like 1j's more then 7m.. but in reality the 7m did start the era

you got a good point on that they had to start somewhere but anyways that was the outcome my race vs a 7m.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
I am looking forward to my next bhg/rodknock. Embrace it, if funds willing ofcourse. Cant wait to do a glory run in mine, the good thing about haveing a 7m and an rx7, when the rx7 blows up, you trash the turbo too when the apex seal gives up... Embrace the 7m, it can always be worst!(you could be driving a skittle AKA dodge neon srt4)

Last edited:

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
shaeff;1168080 said:
LOL. Rodknock = user error 99.9% of the time.

Well said! i can almost guarantee it was either out of oil... very low on oil or had been run very low before..even if it wasnt him.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Why do you need to apologize exactly? I think that you beat a 7M with mods would have sufficed. (End of story)

If you post a kill, well, that's fine but adding in the other stuff IMO is just asking for trouble, even if it's not your intention.

Duane

Feb 28, 2008
North Babylon, New York
upgradedsupra;1168196 said:
Why do you need to apologize exactly? I think that you beat a 7M with mods would have sufficed. (End of story)

If you post a kill, well, that's fine but adding in the other stuff IMO is just asking for trouble, even if it's not your intention.

Duane
well it was my first kill post so it won't happen again lol sry guys

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
adrian why are u apologizing, and dam i wish i had my camera that nite , let me add my 2 cents about this race,

adrian aka wolf mods are in the first post, dez the opponent car is a 7mgte, stock intercooler with home depot flex pipe for intercooler piping, ebay t66 turbo kit, cut stock springs, everything else is stock and poor poor poor maintenance.

now from my point of view the second race was a good race, dez car surprised me alot that nite. it was maybe a one car diff at the end and if you got rid of ur top speed cut then we woulda saw the end, but im surprised dez motor didnt blow up months ago.

oh and its not just knocking, it blew the headgasket then knock from overheating. when we lift up the hood coolant was all over underneath coming out from the overflow lol and im mad that dez said just let it sit overnite and in the morning everything will be fine lmaooooooo i was rolling, but adrian u kno im next i think its time 4 u 2 go single or cams 2 keep up