1J valve cover gaskets?

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
Can anyone tell me where I might purchase a set of new valve cover gaskets for my 1J? Didn't know if the 2J might work, if so they may be easier to obtain.
Gotta pull them off for polishing & engraving.
thanks in advance,
-Devin

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
Thanks!
Do you know if the Lexus sc300 (91-97) would work? I believe they were 1J. Just curious. Trying to see if there are any other cross reference options out ther other than those stickied @ the top of this section.

tissimo said:
2jz gaskets will work

You can order the 1jz gaskets from Champion toyota

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Divin' Devin said:
Thanks!
Do you know if the Lexus sc300 (91-97) would work? I believe they were 1J. Just curious. Trying to see if there are any other cross reference options out ther other than those stickied @ the top of this section.

SC300 is not 1J equipped.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The 2JZGTE ones work they have an extra little wave / ½ bubble in them you just run them streight on it and thats it. Also when putting new valve cover seals on i would add a little rtv spread thin on the whole seal then glob it on the corner where the cam seal corners are just like toyota did by the front of the engine.

Aslo champion told me to much money and down time at the time they could get only the gasket set and not valve cover gaskets only and had to wait 10 weeks i think the whole kit is ~100 pretty good deal though.