1J smokes at idle?

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
New York, New York, United States
I Just recently did a y-pipe down pipe combo on my 1JZ and I am losing oil and smoking, but only after warm up it smokes I haven't seen any stains on the floor I'm going under and doing a compression test in a few but so far i'm suspecting the turbos valve seals or a crank relief tube but it might just be i didn't tighten a union well im off

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Turbo seals. When it gets hot enough to burn the oil, it will smoke. the oil is inside your down pipe or manifold. That's why you don't see oil.

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
So compression test came out good all cylinders at 150 or so. Definately oil you can smell it off the plugs, checked the oil level I had to add half a quart. There was fresh oil in the relief hoses from the motor I found no signs of leak under the car max boost last time I pushed was about 15lbs highest vacuum 22.3hg. I have a set of twins but fear blowing another set or them being bad altoghether I cand afford a 35R so singles out the question im praying the motor is just thirsty <: (

P.S.
After adding oil it smoked less but still smoked praying its not the turbos

NYsBlueMA

Evo+supra=3 cars
Sep 24, 2009
so I was talking to a few guys with MKIVs and MKIIIs when I told them what oil I was using they said it was too thin and could be leaking through because its to thin I use 5-w30 so could it be that the oil is too light? I was also looking on ebay eventhough I heard most turbos are crap but has anyone heard of or used one?

Last edited: