1j fuel cut options

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
So I was reading that if you have a big enough fuel system you can almost tune out fuel cut with a SAFC is this true?
I have a walbro 450 in tank pump 3/8s line up to the engine bay and -6 feed and return lines into stock fuel rail with stock injectors. I know the injectors are my weak point, but with the rest of my fuel system should I be able to get a decent way past fuel cut? I'm hoping for 300 to the wheels, but I'll probably need injectors to get that far right?

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
surffer227;2025610 said:
So I was reading that if you have a big enough fuel system you can almost tune out fuel cut with a SAFC is this true?
I have a walbro 450 in tank pump 3/8s line up to the engine bay and -6 feed and return lines into stock fuel rail with stock injectors. I know the injectors are my weak point, but with the rest of my fuel system should I be able to get a decent way past fuel cut? I'm hoping for 300 to the wheels, but I'll probably need injectors to get that far right?

You can try and tune past Fuel cut, but its easier to just get something like Emanage, with the Greddy map sensor you can use that to hit two bar. This is of course after you use the software to clamp down the factory MAP sensory voltage to prevent it from going over the threshold. I ended up having to clamp mine at 4.38v....

On the other topic, they say you shouldn't go past 80% duty cycle with injector, I'm sure someone will post some amazing math formula that will show you the exact numbers and whatever.... I ran 16 psi safely at 12.2-11.9 afr at WOT with out an issue at all, at the time I was only running a walbro 255 which will add a little bit more pressure over stock.

I'm pretty sure people have hit 300 whp fine with close to factory setups, you could always get some 440cc injector for cheap if you want to be on the uber safe side. To be honest I would be more worried about the factory twins blowing up.... tick Tick Tick.

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
I kinda want to try and do it with just the safc, cause putting a FCD to trick the SAFC to trick the ECU seems kinda sketchy to me lol I know a standalone is the right way, but.. The funds do not approve haha, if I need to get bigger injectors that's probably what I'll do

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
surffer227;2025622 said:
I kinda want to try and do it with just the safc, cause putting a FCD to trick the SAFC to trick the ECU seems kinda sketchy to me lol I know a standalone is the right way, but.. The funds do not approve haha, if I need to get bigger injectors that's probably what I'll do

You could just roll with the SAFC, 440cc injectors and the FCD. The FCD just the prevents it from going over the voltage that sets off fuel cut, as long as you have the fuel supply that prevents it from leaning out there shouldn't be an issue. I would also get a wide band if you don't already have one.