1j/2j intake manifold???

Dew511

Apr 1, 2005
Q-boro, NY
I was told by a guy with a SC 1J that a 2J intake manifold can be used. He said that the inlets lined up but I would just have to drill out a spot on the 2J mani to make it fit. IIRC, I think he said he was running the veilside one on his. Can any1 verify this about the 2J intake mani working on the 1J with slight modification? Pics to compare would be great!

1JZ.747

Feb 20, 2006
australia
i highly doubt it.

the exhaust side of the head is so different i bet the intake side would be as well

i have a spare 1jzgte and 2jzge sitting in the workshop and they are no where near a match up. ports are different spacing.

Dew511

Apr 1, 2005
Q-boro, NY
mobes said:
Actualy they line up very close. All but 2 bolt holes line up.

http://www.trackdaymedia.com/~manny/Tech & Diag/1j vs 2j intake/

Check out the last pic with the 1J gasket overlayed on the 2J manifold.

Ok I checked the link. In that last pic, DSC01656.JPG, Is that the 2J intake mani on the bottom and the 1J on top? Also is the 1J manifold gasket mocked up on the 2J? If so, that looks pretty damn close to me! Duh, mobes just said that :biglaugh:
Now if I wanted to do it, how would I get around those 2 holes being off. Do I add material somehow then drill a couple holes thru it so it lines up? Any ideas.

Dew

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
Is the SP one in development right now? I thought that was at least a couple of months down the road.