1G-GTE IC pipes styles (updated more PICS) thoughts...

SupraN/Asty

N/A-Built T(slowly)
Feb 6, 2007
Greensboro
So I am working on getting a 2JZ mani to fit on the lower 7M but untill then this is my setup.

p934500_1.jpg

p934500_2.jpg

I have more pics if anyone wants to see them...but those are the latest

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Might want to get another cam cover with the oil cap, remove the crankcase vent, and weld the vent shut for the passenger side. It's going to be a PITA adding oil the way it is now. ;)

Edit: IJ beat me to it!
And never mind...the cam cover mounting holes don't line up to swap....just looked.

SupraN/Asty

N/A-Built T(slowly)
Feb 6, 2007
Greensboro
jdub;934509 said:
Might want to get another cam cover with the oil cap, remove the crankcase vent, and weld the vent shut for the passenger side. It's going to be a PITA adding oil the way it is now. ;)

Edit: IJ beat me to it!
And never mind...the mounting holes don't line up....just looked.

Yeah I have a 1G cam cover and I cut the tabs off a 7M cam cover, then weld them on the 1G, Maybe:confused:

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
SupraN/Asty;934515 said:
Yeah I have a 1G cam cover and I cut the tabs off a 7M cam cover, then weld them on the 1G, Maybe:confused:

Prolly easier to cut the oil fill neck off another cover. Cut a hole to fit in the exhaust side cover and weld. The problem I see is the covers are castings and might not weld too well...IJ would know on this one ;)

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
SupraN/Asty;934500 said:
So I am working on getting a 2JZ mani to fit on the lower 7M but untill then this is my setup.

p934665_1.jpg

p934665_2.jpg

I have more pics if anyone wants to see them...but those are the latest

thank you for finially doing this! i came up with the idea a few years ago but numerous people told me it wouldn't work, the clearance wasnt right, it wouldnt be an improvement etc etc.

glad to see someone tracked down the parts and made it work! nice job man

SupraN/Asty

N/A-Built T(slowly)
Feb 6, 2007
Greensboro
MKIIINA;934665 said:
thank you for finially doing this! i came up with the idea a few years ago but numerous people told me it wouldn't work, the clearance wasnt right, it wouldnt be an improvement etc etc.

glad to see someone tracked down the parts and made it work! nice job man

Thanks, I have had this thought also for a while, and I have alot of spare parts and this was my option untill I fit my other manifold on. I hate the stock crossover. I shimmed the hood up "JDM" style to help with fitment issues, but it would still work with out them.

SupraN/Asty

N/A-Built T(slowly)
Feb 6, 2007
Greensboro
Taken tonight, little more detail. What do yall think? Any one with a setup like it, I would love to see it. I still have work to do but you get the drift

p935115_1.jpg

p935115_2.jpg

p935115_3.jpg

p935115_4.jpg

Thoughts, comments welcome

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Looks good man. Interesting. If it can be done, Id move the oil fill hole to the back of that cam cover instead of under the pipe. But it does not look like that much of a deal to get to.
Sure makes changing the plugs a lot easier :)

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
TooGoode;935118 said:
couldn't he just switch cam covers?

suprastanger507mgte;935125 said:
If it can be done, Id move the oil fill hole to the back of that cam cover instead of under the pipe.

You guys need to read a few of the earlier posts in this thread ;)