1FZ-FE MK3 supra?

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
Hi I have been aforded the opportunuity to aquire a 1FZ-FE and bellhousing for a insanely low price, and I am curious about swapping this into something. I was looking onine and found a MK4 supra with this swap but with the AWD system too, I have heard that THOR Racing can make a adapter kit to mount it to a R154, then I was also thinking custom turbo kit would be something sweet to add onto it. If anyone is interested in this topic or has info about where to aquire such things to do this swap please add a reply to this post or share the wealthful knowledge if you are ever so kind to do so. Thanks, -Justin

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
is a 1fz-fe the 5l truck motor? an AWD supra?? nucking futs show me this thing! but I think if it is what I'm thinking it should fit in like a 1uz! that reminds me its a 2uz thats a the 5l truck motor. what is that then? although a v8 supra is badass, especially keeping it toyota

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
hvyman;1934209 said:
2uz is only 4.7.

1fzfe is a big straight 6 that was in the land cruiser and such.

oh right tundras are 4.7, didn;t they make a bigger 5.4 now too?

I think I've read about someone doing the landcruiser motor now that I think about it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's a 5.7 in the newer ones.

Yes limequat did the swap. You can look his build thread up.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Seriously Tall engine, guy here in Aus runs one in a early Crown Coupe and it just fits under the Hood... can't see it going in a Mk3 without laying it over and/or dry sumping it..

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
We'll I do have a mx83 in the driveway but I was thinkin my 2j would be sweet in it an then there is the s14 shell waiting for something to be transplanted.. But I might be able to get a mk3 turbo chassis with trans for a deal soon

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
that's a beast of a motor, but honestly i think it is only worth it if you'll be going FI in the future. the crown 1fz mentioned is insane!