1992 Supra, how much?

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
1992 Toyota Supra N/A
5speed, was teal, shadow gray interior, sunroof

This thing needs paint (it is lightly sanded) and a laundry list of items such as new rear windshield wiper, fm antenna, driver's side interior door panel.

It has 266,000 miles and power steering leak
Of course this is a project car or drive as is, it is my daily driver at 50 miles a day with no problems but I need a pick up truck.

Selling on Craigslist soon and curious what to charge for this thing?
I can upload photos later when I take some but I was curious what a ballpark asking price could be.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It's got 3 of the most sought after things that people want in a Supra...92, Shadow Grey, and Teal. But with that description and no pictures, no paint (expensive), and super high miles, I'd say it is probably worth about as much as any other plain old N/A. That's not much. Maybe $2,000-2500?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I usually say $1000 for a decent shell, $1500 for a good condition shell, and $2000 for a rare shell such as this one.

Usually high mileage is an indication (to me at least) that you have a well cared for and good running car. Poorly maintained cars don't often make it to 266,000 miles you know... Anyway, as ForcedTorque says, I can't see it being much more than $2500 unless in the interior is immaculate, and it is 100% rust free, with no accidents and good panels/glass.

Up to you though, you're obviously free to sell it for whatever you want and whatever someone would be willing to pay, since it is your car. Why sell it though? Sounds like very minor issues to me, and obviously it has been a good car to you...

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
Sounds dumb to get rid of it, but I need a pickup truck to make more money and this seems to be my way of getting that truck! I

I don't like the idea, but I have to do something.