1990 NA working on 2jz-gte swap

tsals

Jan 9, 2010
nothern VA
Bought this 1990 7m-ge supra from a police auction for $410. Replaced the battery and she fired up and ran like a champ. Obviously 7mge is not enough power. thought about doing the 7-gte swap as well as the 1jz-gte, but finally decided on going with 2jz-gte with a larger single turbo instead of the twins. i am currently buying parts here and there waiting for my tax return to get the engine and the majority of the parts. cant wait to get this thing started, every new part i get in and every minute i spend reading about the swap and looking at parts is like christmas. there will definitely be lots of picks and probably lots of questions too come. looking forward to doing all the work to get this beast on the road...

tsals

Jan 9, 2010
nothern VA
ill post them when there are some worth posting. as of now they are just of the car. still buying the parts

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
Hey man, Good luck on the swap. I just did my 2jz swap and it was a great engine for the car(before mine broke).

tsals

Jan 9, 2010
nothern VA
steveyblack;1499254 said:
Hey man, Good luck on the swap. I just did my 2jz swap and it was a great engine for the car(before mine broke).

what broke... and where did you get the engine from... did you replace the bearings before the swap? intercooler should be here tomorrow or friday... cant wait

tsals

Jan 9, 2010
nothern VA
any idea how to post pics to the thread? id like to put on a few of the before pics. and the pics as the parts come in
album.php

album.php

Last edited:

tsals

Jan 9, 2010
nothern VA
any idea where i can get a .pdf of the owners manual for an mkiii. or a diagram of what the dash lights are