1989 7MGTE Wiring, no EFI relay power, no CEL

TheMR2Guy

Dec 30, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Okay guys, having an issue, not sure where to look. The 7mgte wiring and ecu I'm running currently has 12v constant to the black/yellow wires, keyed power to the black/red. I have ground going to the ecu that I ohmed out to verify, but I can't get the ecu to respond, it won't click the EFI main relay, and the check engine light will not come on (verified it works). Any ideas? Nothing fried on the ECU, no magic smoke happened. Currently trying to get my 84 Cressida running on the 7MGTE electronics but I am now stumped. There is one Black/Yellow wire at the ECU not getting power but I looked at the diagrams and it isn't the BATT wire so I didn't tap power to it.

TheMR2Guy

Dec 30, 2008
Lakeland, FL
That's the green wire right? Does it go to that big block connector, the one with the start signal wire, or is that one the fuel pump signal? That might be my problem if that needs signal to fire off the computer.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Dunno what to say. Some of what you describe doesn't make sense. For example unless the wiring has been modified you can't have "keyed power to the black/red" unless the main relay is closed yet you claim it's not.