1988 Supra VS C5 pro charged corvette

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
The video isn't the greatest and was taken by a jeep driving behind us. The corvette made 602 wheel horsepower. I'm not exactly sure what my car would make at this point should be dynoing it sometime next week and working out the tune then as well because its RICH. I ended up losing by 1 1/2 cars. Let me know what you think

-Matt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjjfmymXO4

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Damn son... nice run. Your brake light sensor sticking or something?

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I haven't gotten a chance to take a look at my brake light yet. I have a feeling it might be a grounding issue because it only does it when my head lights/ running lights are on otherwise they work just fine. I can assure you though the brakes weren't on during my run ;)

Thanks Brad!

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I didn't look down right away by the time I did i was just passing 135mph

and I have way to much time and money into this car to sell let alone try ;)

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
CajunKenny;1766938 said:
Was your car cutting out?

Nice run.

Thanks Kenny. The tune still needs some work. I'm running a Greddy EMU(which I hate). At 4000rpm the 2jzgte have a lean spot where there expecting the 2nd turbo to kick in on a stock car. We're having issues smoothing that out right now so we left it rich causing it to sputter at 1st. We did 5 pulls every time he would get a half car on me before I could get past that rich spot. I'm going to get my tune squared away and were going back for round 2. Also my plan is to get a haltech or proefi over the winter.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

suprastroker88;1766965 said:
i hope one day i can get my car to even come close to a charged vette. win or lose, very nice run. keep reppin for the mk3's

Thanks man i've owned my for 5 years now and loved every day of it :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Brake light thing came to my mind, there's an adjustment you can make, it's behind the arm that attaches the brake pedal to the car. Behind that arm, is a switch, and a couple of nuts behind it. From there you can loosen/tighten those nuts (I forget the exact procedure), this changes your point where the car 'thinks' you're hitting your brakes. I set mine at something close enough that the MOMENT I touch that brake pedal, the lights go off. Better too soon than too late, right?

Could be a ground issue though, worth checking into. Only reason I wouldn't think it's the sensor at this point is how you say it's only coming on when your headlights are on...

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
The brake lights are off when the lights are off and when i step on the brake they come on and so does the warning light on my dash. When I let off with the lights off the warning light goes off and so does that brake lights. If I turn the head lights on hit the brakes the warning light sticks on and so do all 3 brake lights. Also another issue i'm running into is when i hit my left and right turn signal the opposite light will blink as well very dim though. I may need to take video and show you. I moved my engine bay fuse box this last winter and that's when everything started.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Quin;1767238 said:
Good luck man, I HATE wiring problems. Looks like the car rolls out.

I do as well! I've got a feeling i know where my problem is it's just a matter of fixing it. Thanks! Can't wait to see what it'll do with a good tune on it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Quin;1767238 said:
Good luck man, I HATE wiring problems. Looks like the car rolls out.

Haha, that's one way of putting it...

As for the wiring issue, I believe it was probably IJ who said the question you have to ask yourself is "what have I fucked up, and how is it related to the symptoms I'm seeing". If it started with the fuse box relocation, I think you know where to start looking. ;)

Good luck, on both the trouble shooting and finding the motivation to do so.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
te72;1767461 said:
Haha, that's one way of putting it...

As for the wiring issue, I believe it was probably IJ who said the question you have to ask yourself is "what have I fucked up, and how is it related to the symptoms I'm seeing". If it started with the fuse box relocation, I think you know where to start looking. ;)

Good luck, on both the trouble shooting and finding the motivation to do so.

Thanks Hahaha! I didn't take very much care when knocking the paint down for the grounds and since its in the brakes and turn signals I'm putting my bets on that

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
^ I'm probably going to a haltech this winter. I'm on a greddy e manage ultimate and it SUCKS. I may mess around with it a little more this year if I get bored otherwise i'm just going to be easy on it. It does fine at low throttle.